Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Hello Brent,

I don't believe Steve said, "he blames the contractor and distributor for product failures." those are your words, not his.

What he did say was, "I believe we were at fault for some of our glitches, but the contractor and wholesalers also caused a good amount of problems that we were blamed for."

The first part of his compound sentence sure sounds a-lot like someone who accepts a faulty product to me. The second part clearly states, "a good amount of problems." Not product failure as you state.
    I suppose its a matter of interpretation Brent.

I'm no psychologist, but reading his comments in their proper context, I believe what he was trying to say was, if a distributor or contractor returns a product for a credit or exchange under warranty with no paperwork, no proof of purchase, no approval, or if it has been flat out abused, then REFCO was blamed for such things.

With regards to your comment, "Explain to me how a contractor or distributor would cause the product to fail."
    Oh I dunno, how about hooking up an unregulated nitrogen bottle to a manifold set. We get return manifolds where the sight glass is blown / cracked from the inside out.
    How about getting a return vacuum pump where the oil has never been changed and it is completely black and burned up where someone has dumped motor oil into it and ran it to death.
    People do dumb stuff to quality products all the time. Heck, I even filled my diesel truck with gasoline one time. Do you think Nissan was to blame? BTW Did you know the USA is the only country without 1/2 ton diesel pick-ups?
    Again, it is all in the interpretation. Sometimes the issue is with the manufacturer, and sometimes it is with the end user.
    You just have to take it on a case by case basis.

nuff said.

Why do you have to have digi gages now? Buy a manifold set and sh thermometer! You have no need for that now!
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Well,.... some people like classic, Class 1 glycerin filled gauges like Name:  Manifold 2.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  96.9 KBName:  Manifold.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  87.9 KB

Others like digital technology.

Ford, Chevy, or Dodge argument.

People are different. They like to do things in their own way, or usually in the way in which they were first taught. Nothing wrong with that.

Let me ask you, do you charge using a scale or one of these set-up's? Would you believe we still sell lots of them for different parts of the world... Go figure..
    Name:  Charging Stand.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  58.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Expat in CH View Post

nuff said.
    Boy I'd say
    Your dig'n a hole

We here bla bla bla
    Not our falt
    Bla bla bla
    Not our fault

Are you technacal or sales?
    What about the programming?
    Did you not see the question or are you avoiding it?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Yep,

You are right iceman; should have just left it alone. Beating a dead horse.
    The shovel has been put away.

Anyways, I saw your comments both times regarding the R-4xx. I am not avoiding them. Just not exactly sure what you mean.....
    I wanted to figure it out before posting something stupid online.
    Why don't you save me some time and spell it out for me and I will look into it to see if there is really a problem in the TP charts.

I'm both technical and International Sales.
    Thanks for the help, and advice.

Hey Caddy,

One thing I noticed over here across the water is, all the service techs box up their manifold sets. Even the non-digital ones.
    They don't hang them in the back of the van. That is strictly an American thing.

No judgment, just an observation.

I stopped using charging cylinders when the scale technology made charging cylinders obsolete and thank you, you make a good point. Change is needed when technology provides better methods. Evacuation technology has changed and I changed with it. Many other technologies have made service and the industry in a whole serve the customer better. IAQ and Airflow monitoring are a few developments that have changed our industry in general ands how equipment is controlled. I guess the only thing is someone eager to spend money on equipment that doesn't actually make you do your job better. I also agree with you if this is what was used in school then it is the way one would want to continue. Hard to believe they supply digital gages in school but believe it or not we used slide rules in our class, to teach us to interpolate.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Quote Originally Posted by ckartson View Post
    I guess the only thing is someone eager to spend money on equipment that doesn't actually make you do your job better.
    Faster, more accurate, more repeatable, and not subject to interpolation and parallax error doesn't qualify as helping you do your job better?

Have you ever actually tried out a digital refrigerant manifold?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat in CH View Post
    Hey Caddy,

One thing I noticed over here across the water is, all the service techs box up their manifold sets. Even the non-digital ones.
    They don't hang them in the back of the van. That is strictly an American thing.

No judgment, just an observation.
    I drive a pickup and keep my digitals stored in cases in the tool boxes in the bed of the truck for theft and tool protection. The old out of sight out of mind thinking. That and I like to take care of my tools since i rely on them to make a living.

I too have observed techs just pile their tools in bags not really having any organization or care for maintaining the quality of their tools. As you all have probably seen some techs vehicles organized while others a complete mess. Guess everyone has their own system which they prefer or are used to.

After a phone conversation, and some back and forth time lagged email communication with Expat in CH last week, I got word on Friday that a package is coming my way from Refco.

I'll be testing and reviewing the Digimon SE 4 valve manifold, with temperature clamps and remote vacuum sensor.
    He is also sending me a hose set customized to my specifications. It's the hose setup I've always thought would be ideal for me, but nobody has ever made.

There was also some mention of sending me a stand alone micron gauge, and an RL-8 vacuum pump(one of the smiley face ones) to review, but I didn't get confirmation of exactly what all is coming my way, so I don't know if the decision was made to include them.

Once I get product(s) in my hands to look over, I'll start a new thread.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    After a phone conversation, and some back and forth time lagged email communication with Expat in CH last week, I got word on Friday that a package is coming my way from Refco.

I'll be testing and reviewing the Digimon SE 4 valve manifold, with temperature clamps and remote vacuum sensor.
    He is also sending me a hose set customized to my specifications. It's the hose setup I've always thought would be ideal for me, but nobody has ever made.

There was also some mention of sending me a stand alone micron gauge, and an RL-8 vacuum pump(one of the smiley face ones) to review, but I didn't get confirmation of exactly what all is coming my way, so I don't know if the decision was made to include them.

Boss man has the first gen digimon gauges and had to send them in for repair. Not impressed with the digimon but I have had an RL-8 pump for almost 8 years. I broke the tree off when it fell out of the back of the van but I used a JB tree and a couple fittings to make up a new one I could hook up (2) 3/8 and (1) 1/4 hose. Just got a new bluvac micron gauge and with fresh oil it will pull the gauge to 18 microns. That is better than boss mans Yellow Jacket super evac that is much newer and less hours on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post

Great. I look to forward to hearing your thoughts.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast