Boy I'd say
    Your dig'n a hole

We here bla bla bla
    Not our falt
    Bla bla bla
    Not our fault

Are you technacal or sales?
    What about the programming?
    Did you not see the question or are you avoiding it?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Yep,

You are right iceman; should have just left it alone. Beating a dead horse.
    The shovel has been put away.

Anyways, I saw your comments both times regarding the R-4xx. I am not avoiding them. Just not exactly sure what you mean.....
    I wanted to figure it out before posting something stupid online.
    Why don't you save me some time and spell it out for me and I will look into it to see if there is really a problem in the TP charts.

I'm both technical and International Sales.
    Thanks for the help, and advice.

Post Likes
    Hey Caddy,

One thing I noticed over here across the water is, all the service techs box up their manifold sets. Even the non-digital ones.
    They don't hang them in the back of the van. That is strictly an American thing.

No judgment, just an observation.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I stopped using charging cylinders when the scale technology made charging cylinders obsolete and thank you, you make a good point. Change is needed when technology provides better methods. Evacuation technology has changed and I changed with it. Many other technologies have made service and the industry in a whole serve the customer better. IAQ and Airflow monitoring are a few developments that have changed our industry in general ands how equipment is controlled. I guess the only thing is someone eager to spend money on equipment that doesn't actually make you do your job better. I also agree with you if this is what was used in school then it is the way one would want to continue. Hard to believe they supply digital gages in school but believe it or not we used slide rules in our class, to teach us to interpolate.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ckartson View Post
    I guess the only thing is someone eager to spend money on equipment that doesn't actually make you do your job better.
    Faster, more accurate, more repeatable, and not subject to interpolation and parallax error doesn't qualify as helping you do your job better?

Have you ever actually tried out a digital refrigerant manifold?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat in CH View Post
    Hey Caddy,

One thing I noticed over here across the water is, all the service techs box up their manifold sets. Even the non-digital ones.
    They don't hang them in the back of the van. That is strictly an American thing.

No judgment, just an observation.
    I drive a pickup and keep my digitals stored in cases in the tool boxes in the bed of the truck for theft and tool protection. The old out of sight out of mind thinking. That and I like to take care of my tools since i rely on them to make a living.

I too have observed techs just pile their tools in bags not really having any organization or care for maintaining the quality of their tools. As you all have probably seen some techs vehicles organized while others a complete mess. Guess everyone has their own system which they prefer or are used to.

Post Likes
    After a phone conversation, and some back and forth time lagged email communication with Expat in CH last week, I got word on Friday that a package is coming my way from Refco.

I'll be testing and reviewing the Digimon SE 4 valve manifold, with temperature clamps and remote vacuum sensor.
    He is also sending me a hose set customized to my specifications. It's the hose setup I've always thought would be ideal for me, but nobody has ever made.

There was also some mention of sending me a stand alone micron gauge, and an RL-8 vacuum pump(one of the smiley face ones) to review, but I didn't get confirmation of exactly what all is coming my way, so I don't know if the decision was made to include them.

Once I get product(s) in my hands to look over, I'll start a new thread.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    After a phone conversation, and some back and forth time lagged email communication with Expat in CH last week, I got word on Friday that a package is coming my way from Refco.

I'll be testing and reviewing the Digimon SE 4 valve manifold, with temperature clamps and remote vacuum sensor.
    He is also sending me a hose set customized to my specifications. It's the hose setup I've always thought would be ideal for me, but nobody has ever made.

There was also some mention of sending me a stand alone micron gauge, and an RL-8 vacuum pump(one of the smiley face ones) to review, but I didn't get confirmation of exactly what all is coming my way, so I don't know if the decision was made to include them.

Boss man has the first gen digimon gauges and had to send them in for repair. Not impressed with the digimon but I have had an RL-8 pump for almost 8 years. I broke the tree off when it fell out of the back of the van but I used a JB tree and a couple fittings to make up a new one I could hook up (2) 3/8 and (1) 1/4 hose. Just got a new bluvac micron gauge and with fresh oil it will pull the gauge to 18 microns. That is better than boss mans Yellow Jacket super evac that is much newer and less hours on it.

Post Likes

Great. I look to forward to hearing your thoughts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Great. I look to forward to hearing your thoughts.
    I'm jealous....

Post Likes
    I remember when all the kids around had digimons and I had a pet rock.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    I'm jealous....
    Hey, product testing and reviewing isn't all fun and games you know, it's serious business!

I was a bit surprised that they are following through on what I initially thought was just an empty comment, and feel like I have a responsibility to be fair and thorough about the testing and review.

Post Likes
    Hey, product testing and reviewing isn't all fun and games you know, it's serious business!

I was a bit surprised that they are following through on what I initially thought was just an empty comment, and feel like I have a responsibility to be fair and thorough about the testing and review.
    I'm sure you'll do a good job, just wish I could do it too! Any time I get a new tool it's like Xmas every time something gets here.

Post Likes
    Hang in there Ryan1088, you too Brent Ridley.

We have new products in the works at all times. More field testing will be necessary if I have anything to say about it.

I believe I can get fast and honest feedback feeding you guys stuff to test in the field.
    Call me crazy but a lab test just wont convince me.......

Someone who uses a tool 3x per day 5 days a week in all types of weather will quickly suss out what works, what doesn't, and what can be improved.

Post Likes

so will the new thread be a real field evaluation where the unit will be passed along?

Post Likes
    Nice one iceman.

BTW I am still looking into the TP chart for R-4xx. I believe it has been fixed on the Digimon SE, but I am not 100% sure yet.
    Will keep you posted.

Post Likes
    Expat in CH is evil!

From our email conversation when I asked what all was being shipped.

"Can't tell you what was sent.... Well I could, but that’s no fun, is it?"

Post Likes
    Iceman,

I tested the Digimon SE today to see about the R-4xx TP charts. to answer your question.

Name:  test.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  47.0 KB

I pulled them randomly out of a box from production. Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  54.1 KB

R410a
    30.6 Bar = 52 deg C
    43.3 Bar = 67 deg C
    46.1 Bar = 70 deg C

And for fun I took it up to 50 Bar (725 Psi)

R407C
    29.2 Bar = 64 deg C
    21.2 Bar = 50 deg C
    5.5 Bar = 5C

They seem to be testing well against my tables. So I checked my tables to see if they all were correct. So far, everything seems to be spot on.

According to Carriers white paper on Puron Name:  R410-A  properties.PNG
Views: 708
Size:  59.7 KB we are very near the critical temperature of the refrigerant at 50Bar so....
    it looks to me like we have gone as far as we can with the R-4xx series of refrigerants.

If I am wrong please let me know so I can fix it.

Cheers.

Post Likes
    Expat your post isn't covering what I'm talking about
    Can you post a pic of a close up of the display showing the pressure and saturation temps of the high and low sides simultaneously like you have it connected thru the center port?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in