+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital gauge manifold

Post Likes
    Just ordered the Fieldpiece Sman4

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    My DRSA collection is what happens when a HVAC nerd doesn't have anyone in their life to say no.
    If I hadn't just bought a new personal truck, I'd probably pick up a couple of the newer DRSA products!
    I have the same problem as you!! Two 550's and a 570, Two Ak900 with all the sensors, and two sman3...I want the sman4 but I've been thinking about the yellow jacket digitals. Their isn't much info on the board about those.... I have almost more tools then parts in my truck!!! I LOVE tools!

I just got the Fieldpiece SDP2, Amprobe TH-1, and Testo 552 and a few other goodies on the way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I have the same problem as you!! Two 550's and a 570, Two Ak900 with all the sensors, and two sman3...I want the sman4 but I've been thinking about the yellow jacket digitals. Their isn't much info on the board about those.... I have almost more tools then parts in my truck!!! I LOVE tools!

I just got the Fieldpiece SDP2, Amprobe TH-1, and Testo 552 and a few other goodies on the way.
    ebay is calling you. (Sell some gauges)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post

Get in touch with me I you want some info on the Yellow Jacket digitals. The data logging sold it for me.
    I do three kinds of work.
    1 - Good - 2 - Fast - 3 - Cheap
    Pick two

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    ebay is calling you. (Sell some gauges)
    I did let a sman3 go to a coworker.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by karl k View Post
    Get in touch with me I you want some info on the Yellow Jacket digitals. The data logging sold it for me.
    How many cases of AA batteries do you go through a month with those though?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    How many cases of AA batteries do you go through a month with those though?

About as many as a guy who uses his 570 with the back light continuously on

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    About as many as a guy who uses his 570 with the back light continuously on
    The YJ gauge uses 8 AA batteries, and is listed as having an 8 hour battery life!

They even give you a spare battery holder, so you can have a fresh set of batteries ready to speedload!

The YJ gauge does have some cool functions, but the smart phone style display is a real battery sucker.

Post Likes
    I think batterys on sale at jmart till end of month. The big tool sale ends anyhow.
    Smans today I hope.

Post Likes
    What battery's are in the AK900?

Post Likes
    I changed mine a couple months ago and it's a 9v

Post Likes
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369365535.331255.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  47.6 KB

And here they are.

Post Likes
    Another tech at my company has SMAN4s, he seems pretty happy with them.

Post Likes
    I've had great life and reliability from energizer advanced lithium batteries. They are also very light weight and I won't buy any others unless specified.

Buy them online to get a good price because they do cost a bit more than standard alkaline batts.

I checked and made sure they were ok to use in all of my tools . I haven't had any issues in the past year.

Post Likes
    just order a digicool ak900 few days ago,and i watch the video for sam4 gauge few mins ago findout it does micron measurement also.does digicool ak900 does micron and pressure drop test?thanks.i didnt spend lots time research it cause my testo 550 broke have to order one fast.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pony View Post
    just order a digicool ak900 few days ago,and i watch the video for sam4 gauge few mins ago findout it does micron measurement also.does digicool ak900 does micron and pressure drop test?thanks.i didnt spend lots time research it cause my testo 550 broke have to order one fast.
    The ak900 does not do micron levels but in my opinion this is a good thing.

It does do pressure tests. Pressurize your system to the amount you want, I do jpsmith style, 150 psi then press the hold button so it freezes that number, the bar graph on top will still read real time, come back to check it and if your bar graph has swung to the left you have a leak, you can press hold again and it will give you your new reading.

You are not going to regret getting the ak900.

Post Likes
    I just got my DC's in. Just waiting for the weather to clear up to start using them.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369491189.187303.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  44.5 KB

Post Likes
    You'll love them.

Little tip, take a metal file and knockdown the corners and edges on the manifold. It's now my favorite manifold too, with ball valve hoses.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    You'll love them.

Little tip, take a metal file and knockdown the corners and edges on the manifold. It's now my favorite manifold too, with ball valve hoses.
    Thanks for the tip Mason. It'll give me something to do in this rainy weather.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    Some really good guy and one hell of a tech gave dc some free advertising in a local supply house . . .

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Why would you need the Testo micron gauge when it's built into their digital gauges? Testo is trying to suck the $ out of us. I just got a Testo 510 dual port digital gauge and I pissed myself laughing at how small it was. It also feels cheap. I hope it holds up.

All these pictures of the digi cools are killing me. I hope I am the first guy with a set of the UEI ones just cause I'm cool like that. I will be posting ALOT of noob questions when I receive them along with photos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in