Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 157 to 169 of 213
  1. #157
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,574
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Scissor clamps save lots of time and aggrevation, well worth the extra Benjamin IMO
    I agree with you. I carry both a clamp probe and a standard probe in my tool bag, plus an extra clamp and several standard probes in the truck.

    Reason being that the clamps don't work so well on lines smaller than 3/8" and do not fit on lines larger than 1 5/8".

  2. #158
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    Thats what imma do home depot has the tiny irwin bar clamps for 6 bucks a piece.

    Hey if i wasnt poor i would paid for fedex next day critcal am delivery
    Wouldn't go with the bar clamps they sometimes create clearance issues. The reason I'm saying this is because I tried the bar clamps.

    I you can pull some overtime and get the scissor clamps you won't be disappointed for sure.

  3. #159
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Savannah, Ga/H.H. Island, S.C.
    Posts
    1,460
    Mark,

    Got any feedback on the Refco Digimon? You should at least have some first impressions.

  4. #160
    Watched 3 sets of Hilmar gauges thrown in the junk pile at our local supply house. Guys behind the counter told me they wouldn't sell a set. Beware and don't waste the $500

  5. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by TNtaco View Post
    Watched 3 sets of Hilmar gauges thrown in the junk pile at our local supply house. Guys behind the counter told me they wouldn't sell a set. Beware and don't waste the $500
    For some reason i think you might be exaggerating just a tad.

  6. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    For some reason i think you might be exaggerating just a tad.
    Wish I was. Just passing on info I have seen.

  7. #163
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Wouldn't go with the bar clamps they sometimes create clearance issues. The reason I'm saying this is because I tried the bar clamps.

    I you can pull some overtime and get the scissor clamps you won't be disappointed for sure.
    I've been using the micro Irwin clamps exclusively, no problems. Everything from mini splits to chillers.

    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373407905.415163.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  70.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373408016.981824.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  59.5 KB

  8. #164
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    I've been using the micro Irwin clamps exclusively, no problems. Everything from mini splits to chillers.

    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373407905.415163.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  70.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373408016.981824.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  59.5 KB
    I like that idea, I was Just thinking about doing this today after you mentioned it begore

  9. #165
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    I like that idea, I was Just thinking about doing this today after you mentioned it begore
    It's super simple, just remove the screw and nut, keep the stretchy Velcro, remove yellow pad from clamp(slides off) put screw through frame and pad. I realized in the field that I needed to reinforce the pad since it's bigger than the frame that supports it so it wanted to roll back with pressure, I had some brazing rod handy so I cut it to stick out a little lower than the pad and zip tied it to the frame, it's lasted a year now so I'm just leaving it like that.

    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373418225.867935.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  65.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373418273.092285.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  45.0 KB

  10. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,595
    Mason that's awesome!!!!!

  11. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SE Pa.
    Posts
    96
    Well I just picked up my first set of digital gauges. I have the hilmor brand with clamps and hoses. I read some reviews here after I got them. I guess time will tell, haven't got the chance to use them yet as it has been raining here for ever. I will say that I feel like I got a good deal on them $485 plus tax. Clamps and hoses included. I will be getting the case as well digital or not I like to keep my tools protected.

  12. #168
    let me know how that works out for you.not so sure I trust them. although the case is still a good idea I keep my tools perfect two.

  13. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SE Pa.
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    let me know how that works out for you.not so sure I trust them. although the case is still a good idea I keep my tools perfect two.
    Will do, I'm hoping they work out, we'll see.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event