Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    You'll love them.

Little tip, take a metal file and knockdown the corners and edges on the manifold. It's now my favorite manifold too, with ball valve hoses.
    Thanks for the tip Mason. It'll give me something to do in this rainy weather.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    Some really good guy and one hell of a tech gave dc some free advertising in a local supply house . . .

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Why would you need the Testo micron gauge when it's built into their digital gauges? Testo is trying to suck the $ out of us. I just got a Testo 510 dual port digital gauge and I pissed myself laughing at how small it was. It also feels cheap. I hope it holds up.

All these pictures of the digi cools are killing me. I hope I am the first guy with a set of the UEI ones just cause I'm cool like that. I will be posting ALOT of noob questions when I receive them along with photos.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    I just got a Testo 510 dual port digital gauge and I pissed myself laughing at how small it was. It also feels cheap. I hope it holds up.
    Mine has been bouncing around, with a couple of static pressure tips and hoses, in a small shaving case for years, and is still going strong.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I just ordered the ak-900s from TTT. I got the 7-10 day shipping, so now it's time to hurry up an wait. Btw, I got the scissor clamp thermocouples for them.

Anybody have any advice on hoses? I'm leaning toward YJ 60" low loss with ball valves. Any comments or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kdr233 View Post
    I just ordered the ak-900s from TTT. I got the 7-10 day shipping, so now it's time to hurry up an wait. Btw, I got the scissor clamp thermocouples for them.

Anybody have any advice on hoses? I'm leaning toward YJ 60" low loss with ball valves. Any comments or suggestions?
    YJ or nrp ball valve hoses are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by kdr233 View Post

I gave up on YJ hoses years ago, because they are garbage.

I use NRP 4' hoses + 6" hoses with separate ball valves between the 4' and 6" hoses, and a screw on low loss fitting on the high side hose.
    I keep a little refrigerant vapor in the hoses, so when I hook up to a system, I only have to burp the 6" hose on the low side to purge the air out of it.
    It's a lot of connections, so I've been thinking of trying out the hoses with ball valves on the very end of them.

Is anybody using the JB kobra hoses with ball valves built into the end?

I used the YJ version for last season and that's all I got out of them, my ball valves already leak around what looks like a Teflon seal causing refer to come out of the screw that holds the handle, hoping someone makes a ball valve that will last longer than one a/c season...

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Mine has been bouncing around, with a couple of static pressure tips and hoses, in a small shaving case for years, and is still going strong.
    Can't complain about mine, either.

It ain't a DC, but it rides in the toolbag well.

Mine has taken up a disconcerting habit of burning batteries, so I take them out after each use.

Full disclosure here.......I do work for REFCO in Switzerland. Why not look at our new Digimon SE (second edition) I know we had lots of knobs breaking off our first digital manifold set and some other QC issues.... Our new one which just came out last month is pretty sweet and it is priced right. We factory test every one 100% before it goes anywhere. The pressure sensors are spot on and the temperature probes are also very good. I'd like to do a head to head field test to see how we stack up.
    I am already working on the 3rd generation but the SE is worth a look. And yes, they are really made right here in Switzerland, one floor below my office.

good luck Sjewell

Quote Originally Posted by Expat in CH View Post
    Full disclosure here.......I do work for REFCO in Switzerland. Why not look at our new Digimon SE (second edition) I know we had lots of knobs breaking off our first digital manifold set and some other QC issues.... Our new one which just came out last month is pretty sweet and it is priced right. We factory test every one 100% before it goes anywhere. The pressure sensors are spot on and the temperature probes are also very good. I'd like to do a head to head field test to see how we stack up.
    I am already working on the 3rd generation but the SE is worth a look. And yes, they are really made right here in Switzerland, one floor below my office.

good luck Sjewell
    I saw them at the AHR Expo in Dallas.
    They did have a much better quality feel to them that the first generation Digimon, which were not good(to put it mildly), but the only rep that was at the booth when I stopped by was unable to answer any of my technical questions about it, and seemed unaware of the problems with the first generation Digimon.

After my experience with the 2 sets of the first generation Digimon that my employer bought, I'm not really motivated to spend any money to find out if the new ones are as improved as you say though.
    I think the wide spread warranty denials on failed Digimon units did some serious damage to Refco's reputation here, to the point that many people even stopped considering other Refco products.

Thanks Mark,

I appreciate your honest and direct feedback. I just printed and walked your comments into the CEO's office. I wanted him to see what people who work in the field say about REFCO products.
    He advised me to send it to the VP of REFCO USA and ask for his comments. My intent on this is to make things better for you guys in the field and more importantly,...
    make better products for those of you who use them.

Stay tuned, more to come.

Sjewell at a show a while back I brought up to the guy running the booth that you were programing R-4XX refrigerants with incorrect bubble and dew points on the Manifold and the new single stubby gauge they had on display. Not sure if it was first second or third generation or if you were aware. Now go knock some heads together
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

I first started with the first generation digimon which I still have in my truck but don't use much anymore. They were a good starter set back then. Next I bought my testo 550 which is my troubleshooting set. I also purchased a sman3 as backup but have not used them. I prefer the testo of all 3.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast