Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeckham View Post
    I work with a lot of digital equipment.

Wrenches and screwdrivers get lost or stolen, and digital gauges look an awful lot like overkill to me.

Spend your money where you think you need to, but don't sit around telling people that you're somehow better at what you do because you've spent three times more on your kit...

And "the best" has, and always will be, subjective...
    Yes. This is why some buy Craftsman, some buy Proto, some buy Mac...

Just like some buy Digi-cool some buy Testo and some FP. Each unit has advantages and disadvantages and all are verifiably superior to analog technology.

I am not stating that I am personally better, that is how you want to take it. I have made an investment in my life and in my career and I have seen that investment pay off for me.

Spend your money how you see fit. Make the world an interesting place.

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    While I agree ,my question is are you getting paid by the hour. Oh by the way I am building a tree for myself. Don't want to "linger" any longer than I have to.
    Yes, but I get paid enough an hour that I'd rather finish an hour sooner than sit around watching the decline in molecular motion in a system.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Some really good guy and one hell of a tech gave dc some free advertising in a local supply house . . .

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Yes, but I get paid enough an hour that I'd rather finish an hour sooner than sit around watching the decline in molecular motion in a system.
    Wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I am always trying to speed up recovery and vacuums. When I bought the Appion G5 I was thinking that it was a loy of $$ to save my customer Time $$, Then I got the JB 10 cfm vac pump, over kill but it should last for ever, change oil every time or every other if on a small reach in.
    Now like I say I am making a simple tree.
    I have been doing this work every day since 1972 and still learn something new every day. Some day I might know what I thought I knew 40 some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    That isn't the case at all. Everyone who has been spirited in this is trying nothing more than to make sure you see the benefit of it. It's like a cell phone. I didn't have an IPhone for a long time because I thought it could do just fine without it. Come to find out I've found used for it I never anticipated. If nothing else I would urge you to let someone you know who has them let you try them out and show you the features. 4 guys I work with have bought gauges after seeing mine in use and how I'm able to use them. If you don't choose to use them, then it's all fine.
    I will take another look at them, considering the last time I looked at them was at least five years ago....I also waited until two years ago to get a smartphone...

I honestly don't require a gauge manifold anywhere near as often as I once did, but if they are as robust as you guys claim they are... it may be worth seriously reevaluating their capabilities.

That being said, I would still have a hard time justifying $600+ for a set... Are the parts houses offering discounts if you sign a two year purchase agreement with them...ha!

I will take another look at them, considering the last time I looked at them was at least five years ago....I also waited until two years ago to get a smartphone...

I honestly don't require a gauge manifold anywhere near as often as I once did, but if they are as robust as you guys claim they are... it may be worth seriously reevaluating their capabilities.

That being said, I would still have a hard time justifying $600+ for a set... Are the parts houses offering discounts if you sign a two year purchase agreement with them...ha!
    You can get a very good set for $290 with manifold, no need to spend $600+

http://shop.rdholder.com/Digi-Cool-A...Cool-AK900.htm

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369095664.335147.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  51.8 KB
    I just threw mine on an old manifold I had 410a gauges on. I had 279 I think in mine.

If it's what you say it is, that's fine. I just think you're putting way more resources than what is really required into the task...
    My DRSA collection is what happens when a HVAC nerd doesn't have anyone in their life to say no.
    If I hadn't just bought a new personal truck, I'd probably pick up a couple of the newer DRSA products!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Just ordered the Fieldpiece Sman4

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    My DRSA collection is what happens when a HVAC nerd doesn't have anyone in their life to say no.
    If I hadn't just bought a new personal truck, I'd probably pick up a couple of the newer DRSA products!
    I have the same problem as you!! Two 550's and a 570, Two Ak900 with all the sensors, and two sman3...I want the sman4 but I've been thinking about the yellow jacket digitals. Their isn't much info on the board about those.... I have almost more tools then parts in my truck!!! I LOVE tools!

I just got the Fieldpiece SDP2, Amprobe TH-1, and Testo 552 and a few other goodies on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I have the same problem as you!! Two 550's and a 570, Two Ak900 with all the sensors, and two sman3...I want the sman4 but I've been thinking about the yellow jacket digitals. Their isn't much info on the board about those.... I have almost more tools then parts in my truck!!! I LOVE tools!

I just got the Fieldpiece SDP2, Amprobe TH-1, and Testo 552 and a few other goodies on the way.
    ebay is calling you. (Sell some gauges)

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post

Get in touch with me I you want some info on the Yellow Jacket digitals. The data logging sold it for me.
    I do three kinds of work.
    1 - Good - 2 - Fast - 3 - Cheap
    Pick two

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    ebay is calling you. (Sell some gauges)
    I did let a sman3 go to a coworker.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast