+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: manitwoc ice machines

Post Likes
    Does this unit use a magnet on the curtain? is the ice curtain warped at all from dishwasher abuse? Not likely your issue but I always check this when servicing M. ice machines

Back off on the ice thickness a hair and use a level to check for level. Not just eyeball it. And check back in a few days with the customer.

Post Likes
    Oh brother ive forgot all about it it's been a while but does the machine have the latest program version?
    I forgot about it but the full bin thing was one of the first issues I had that was solved with updating the control board.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Ohm out the bin switch yet?
    Could be goofy sometimes on ya
    I'm going with the bin switch. I have a couple older s models and the switch doesn't fail it just gets wonky like that when your not looking. They are fairly cheap and can ohm out well but be screwy. Also it should throw a code if something is off but if the bin switch doesnt register the control thinks that it is just full and happy.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Ok guys, I have a video of it happening last nigjt about 10:30 that the customer took.gotta figure out how to get it from my phone to here! My phone may be a little smarter than me

Post Likes
    [

Post Likes
    Those cubes dident look like full cubes they had holes in the middle. Are all the cubes the same top to bottom before harvest? if they are try adjusting the cube size bigger.

Post Likes
    my understanding is that's how the cube should look.it may need a thicker bridge so the sheet won't break up behind the curtain

Post Likes
    They should be a full cube. That might be why your batch weight was a little low. Adjust it a little thicker and see what happens.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxtec View Post
    They should be a full cube. That might be why your batch weight was a little low. Adjust it a little thicker and see what happens.
    That will increase the bridge thickness and fill up the dimples some but,the bridge is already a hair over the recommended 1/16"-1/8".When I looked at the video the bridge looked awfully thin,only problem with that is I don't know how long the cubes were sitting there.Could have been a few seconds or 15 minutes.

Post Likes
    You need to update the firmware to the latest version first. There were some problems with some units showing full bin even with the curtain closed. Then, increase the bridge thickness a little. The slab isn't supposed to completely break up when it falls in the bin. There should be a little dimple, but not much.

Post Likes
    Yea!! but in the video it was ice holding the curtin open not the control just saying it's open.

If you want more technical info you need to apply for pro membership.
    We are limited to info we can give in open fourms.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxtec View Post
    Yea!! but in the video it was ice holding the curtin open not the control just saying it's open.
    True, but firmware should still be updated to latest version.

Post Likes
    I have had several of these newer manitowoc units have a single cube hold the bin door open, and the display show the machine is full of ice. I agree with the bridge thickness adjustment , Also I have had some success with the front of the bin being tipped slightly lower than the rear.

Post Likes
    I had one last week with a single cube to the left of the curtain holding it open when I arrived. I made the bridge thicker. This was Monday. Haven't heard from them since (knock on wood).

Post Likes
    The cube looked like the bridge thickness could stand to be a little thicker. Make sure it makes a full even sheet, but I think that's you're problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in