Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade School

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    You obviously don't understand that everyone isn't like you. And everyone isn't like everyone else.
    Some people are dumb as $&#!, some need to learn from books, some just "get" it and some learn by blowing transformers, fuses and getting shocked.

Knowledge costs money.
    On the contrary, I completely understand... That being said, you can typically always spot the guy that is the "reader", since he is usually the one running the job...

That doesn't mean he didn't have his fair share of failure though... Since none of us pop out of the womb knowing how to do anything but eat, sleep, breathe, and poop... It just means that he was able to learn from his mistakes on less of a curve than the guy that doesn't put in the time to understand why he failed...

Had a good instructor in school, two year technology course not trade school mind you. The instructor mixed half book learning (actually no text book but photocopies of his teaching material, binders of it) with lab work where we hooked up and used the same devices used in industry. Worked under him and he wanted me to take over the course he developed over 33 years because he knew I valued the practical end of things (the Chair of the department didn't and proceed to gut the course, it was too hard for the students, so I left). He passed away on Thursday, way too early, I am expecting to see many of his ex-students there, he was instrumental in getting most their first jobs, he would beat the bushes in industry till the last one got hired. Hats off to you Lee.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12