Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade School

Trade School

so...you pick out a trade school.
    you say, this career sounds pretty good, they gotta be paying money for that!
    you go down, talk to the school,
    they say "we have job assistance and really high rate of employment after graduation"
    they say "we had a guy last year who landed a job for 90K his first year"
    they say "the government says the average wage in this career is 100k"
    they say "if you can't afford 10k for the school ,we put you in a low-interest government loan"

so you sign up for the trade school, they say the loan is too big for the government to handle it so they have to split it.
    they place you in open loan for 6%, one for 7% , and a high interest private loan for 19%
    you can't pay off the 19% until you pay the 6 and 7.

if you miss any payment, which the average person will, Sallie Mae starts compounding interest and starts trying to drive you into bankruptcy.
    why? there can only be one reason, once you go into default, they simply go to the government and collect their money plus interest, while your credit gets screwed, and judges don't allow you to file bankruptcy on it.

you find out that everyone is getting hired at a company who fires everyone 3 months later.
    it turns out the school has a deal wit hthe company.

you find out that the guy who graduated trade school and earned 90k in his first year, landed an impossible job that you will never get, because that company thought it would be cute to say they had a guy from Laos working for them.
    (you find out later he sued and won a lawsuit from that company for 2.3 million for racial discrimination)

you find out that even though the government says the median wage for your career is 100k , everyone you meet is making no where near that.

you find out that the wonderful career that you paid over 10k for trade school, and paid the government all kinds of fees for licensing, pays 10 bucks per hour.

well , i suppose you can pay 40k per year for REAL schooling, see how that pans out.
    you can compete with my cousins who are in their early 20's, both of them have master's degrees.
    as a matter of fact, i think my cat got her master's last summer.

Might wanna have the title changed to trade school/college.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    so...you pick out a trade school.
    you say, this career sounds pretty good, they gotta be paying money for that!
    you go down, talk to the school,
    they say "we have job assistance and really high rate of employment after graduation"
    they say "we had a guy last year who landed a job for 90K his first year"
    they say "the government says the average wage in this career is 100k"
    they say "if you can't afford 10k for the school ,we put you in a low-interest government loan"

so you sign up for the trade school, they say the loan is too big for the government to handle it so they have to split it.
    they place you in open loan for 6%, one for 7% , and a high interest private loan for 19%
    you can't pay off the 19% until you pay the 6 and 7.

if you miss any payment, which the average person will, Sallie Mae starts compounding interest and starts trying to drive you into bankruptcy.
    why? there can only be one reason, once you go into default, they simply go to the government and collect their money plus interest, while your credit gets screwed, and judges don't allow you to file bankruptcy on it.

you find out that everyone is getting hired at a company who fires everyone 3 months later.
    it turns out the school has a deal wit hthe company.

you find out that the guy who graduated trade school and earned 90k in his first year, landed an impossible job that you will never get, because that company thought it would be cute to say they had a guy from Laos working for them.
    (you find out later he sued and won a lawsuit from that company for 2.3 million for racial discrimination)

you find out that even though the government says the median wage for your career is 100k , everyone you meet is making no where near that.

you find out that the wonderful career that you paid over 10k for trade school, and paid the government all kinds of fees for licensing, pays 10 bucks per hour.

well , i suppose you can pay 40k per year for REAL schooling, see how that pans out.
    you can compete with my cousins who are in their early 20's, both of them have master's degrees.
    as a matter of fact, i think my cat got her master's last summer.
    I know what you mean. My school lie about my job placement status saying I was working in the field while I was selling parts. It's marketing at its worst.

I have to admit, my technical school was pretty honest. Rather than make up a bunch of stuff, after you graduate they send you a card in the mail to fill out, then they put on their website the statistics from the last ten years. Here is from the year I graduated:

Total Program Cost*: $6,189
    *Includes cost of course and estimated cost of tools and books
    Number of Graduates: 11
    Number Responding: 5
    Number Employed in Related Field: 3
    Average Wage: 14.25 (Hourly)
    Average Working Hours Per Week: 40

If a kid is stupid to stupid too get a good education or his parents did not or do not care enough about them enough to do everything in their power to see that they get the best education available......... then said kid needs to get out of school...... beg someone for a job and then put their life into that job for a couple of years....... learning the job...living the job and becoming the best he or she can possibly become at that job.

I dont think trade school does anything for a kid that a couple of years of working wouldnt do for him......

and when I say good education.... I mean something that is going to lead to a good career like a doctor or brain surgeon....or a big business tycoon...... trade school aint be an education......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    If a kid is stupid..... then said kid needs to get out of school...... beg someone for a job and then put their life into that job for a couple of years....... learning the job...living the job and becoming the best he or she can possibly become at that job.

I dont think trade school does anything for a kid that a couple of years of working wouldnt do for him......
    That's called an apprenticeship.
    That's how we do skilled trades up here.

It beats going to Devry or some other bullsh... "Trade school" any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    That's called an apprenticeship.
    That's how we do skilled trades up here.

It beats going to Devry or some other bullsh... "Trade school" any day of the week
    That's how I did it, the people I know out of school are digging ditches, Im working for the best outfit in town as a service tech so I must have done something right.

While were divulging prices my hvac/r schooln is 18k plus tools, books,graduation.

Pay your dues in the trade. Learn as much as you can and apply how theory taught in school combines with the mechanics you are learning in the field. That 10/hr will go up exponentially if you do.

This type of work isn't for everyone, no shame in that. Knowledge 1st. Experience 2nd. Money 3rd.

Finally, there's no crying in hvac!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

School is a product to be bought and sold.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

What is your point...?

Have you not figured out that if you don't do it yourself, you're getting ripped off...

Last time I walked into a school they were still teaching from books...do all the schools have some sort of stranglehold on the book market...?

In this day and age, there is no excuse for ignorance of any topic that one has a desire and motivation to understand... key words being desire and motivation, without them, yes, you are screwed...

Quote Originally Posted by jbeckham View Post
    What is your point...?

Have you not figured out that if you don't do it yourself, you're getting ripped off...

Last time I walked into a school they were still teaching from books...do all the schools have some sort of stranglehold on the book market...?

In this day and age, there is no excuse for ignorance of any topic that one has a desire and motivation to understand... key words being desire and motivation, without them, yes, you are screwed...
    You obviously don't understand that everyone isn't like you. And everyone isn't like everyone else.
    Some people are dumb as $&#!, some need to learn from books, some just "get" it and some learn by blowing transformers, fuses and getting shocked.

Knowledge costs money.

http://www.berkeleydailyplanet.com/i.../article/35661

A conflict of interest,of regents. Hiding in plain sight.Just one of many of the Washington insiders who get a pass.
    Public pensions invested in for profit private schools at 30K a pop.

What a racket. There is big bucks to be made in for profit universities.

Guess who he is. Debt is the name of the game.
    FEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast