Why so quiet....

Why so quiet....

I suspect everyone must be out scraping up every nickel they can to buy lottery tickets.....

I remember the last time the lottery got real high....... I stopped at a pilot truck stop on the way home to get some coffee and stuff and the lines were just backed up way back up into the store. I bet I could have just loaded my arms up and walked out of the store...but I decided to pay for my goods.

Anyhow... some jerk got to yakking to me and I mentioned how the people who win the lottery are always folks up in virginia....northern virginia.....and how nobody around here ever hits it.

All the sudden that store got quiet and I had about 100 or so eyeballs on me.......lol

I bet many of you let your kids go without food this week so you could buy more tickets and you should be ashamed for that.
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

I don't get it. What prompts someone to buy a bunch of Lottery tickets when the jackpot is ridiculously high? 60 million's not enough?
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    I don't get it. What prompts someone to buy a bunch of Lottery tickets when the jackpot is ridiculously high? 60 million's not enough?
    The news starts reporting on it, so the people start thinking about it. If it's only 60 million no one mentions it and people don't waste there money on the off chance of getting hit by lightning.

Oh if you want to piss off lotto people off when they are holding you up at the gas station, mention all the people paying their stupidity tax..... works wonders. I hate the dude buying 70 tickets when all I needed was gas and have to get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    It would prompt me to play at $100 million if they changed the odds by saying "this week there will be one thousand $100,000 winners". But something tells me it would not entice the masses to play. Most of them don't have a pot to pee in but they scoff at a million dollars.

Stupidity tax indeed. But the fact still stands that somewhere out there, one of those toothless sad sacks will win more money than they can even comprehend with which they will use to buy a Lamborghini and turn it into a 4x4. I admit, I will buy 1 line every once in a while, whats a buck? The thing that should make me stop is the scam of it all.
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman