Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who owns a geothermal Groundsource Heatpump and what state?

We have a Waterfurnace 3Ton horizontal loop system in VA.

What do you have and do you like it and, is it as efficient as you thought it would be?

NE PA with 2 ans 1.5 ton ClimateMaster units with horiz closed loop for 1.5 years.

Operation and performance exceed my expectations.

paul

Waterfurnance Synergy3 in VA

Hi - we are in the process of installing a Waterfurnance 5T Synergy3 in Fredericksburg, VA. We are using a "slimjim" heat exchanger (i.e. large metal plate) to be dropped in our nearby lake. We also have radiant heat throughout the house. At this stage we just hope it all works! :<}

2.5 year old GeoComfort (Waterfurnace) E060 (5 ton) w/5 vertical loops. Illinois

Hm... As efficient as I'd hoped? By and large, although I think the newer units are better. I'd sure like a 5 COP.

Still and all, I'd not do it again today. Instead I would have focused first on better insulation, an HRV, and a dual fuel setup. From there I could have changed to Geo later if I'd needed to.

That said, zoning and variable speed are sure nice..
    Last edited by danf58; 02-27-2007 at 07:34 PM.

2.5 ton Florida Heat Pump on a 3.5 ton loop 7 years old in central KY.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Quote Originally Posted by perennial View Post
    We have a Waterfurnace 3Ton horizontal loop system in VA.

What do you have and do you like it and, is it as efficient as you thought it would be?
    perennial Is your loop a horizontal slinky or a horizontal linear?
    IcyFlame

iceyflame,

Our loop is two horizontal tubes - didn't look like a slinky to me. It's been working great now.

We have two systems:

renovation house (109 years old) in Montreal, Quebec 3.5 ton ClimateMaster vertical loop
    New house, Eastern Townships, Quebec, 4.0 ton ClimateMaster vertical loop

The new house is 2x the area of the old one and the annual running costs are about the same (about Can$1350 for a 8600 heating degree day climate). We are very happy with both systems.

Paul.

I have one in my home and am removing it due to open loop issuses and ,now 11 years old and i am not putting out the cost and mess.I should have done closed lopp at the get go but I was cheap.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Howdy P. Hope all goes well.

I've been working on tightening up the house in trying to make my home more efficient. My last months electric bill of $400 about made me cry.

I've made what I think are some substantial improvements. Based on my KW use and the qty of heating degree days I've reduced my KW use by 22% even though we had a 10% increase in heating degree days. (Man, it was COLD for the first half of the month..)

Some of that is a reduction in set point. I now hold the house around 71-72, and some comes from florecent light bulbs, but neither accounts for what is effectively a 30%+ improvement. Most came, I suspect, from great stuff, caulk, foam gaskets, and etc. I've had the aux switched off since I'd last talked about it and don't intend to turn it back on short of a breakdown. I intend to make the house perform well enough to not need it. This COP 1:1 stuff has to go..

I don't think I can make it back to my old bills levels, but I'm still working on it and I hope to make it to a 40% reduction before summer gets here. I'm having the insulation in my ceilings re-blown (it seems to be more like a 8" of cellulose, not 10"), am installing cellular blinds, and am going to put 3" of cellulose over my garage (its blown fiberglass right now and is so fairly useless). This spring I'm stripping the siding off the wall my fireplace is on and finding the darn air-leak that is blowing into the house. Then I'm going to weight (I've decided how I'm going to control stack affect) the dampers on my bathroom exhaust ducts (I'm thinking epoxy and a penny or two on each wing).

Who knows, maybe I can break 40%...

Anyway, I share to give you a goal. No reason you should need your aux either.

Good luck!

dan

Talking NE Kansas

We installed several in my parent house. Climatemaster TT units.Closed
    Horizontal system.

The place is more comfortable and the Electric Bill dropped. Near;y
    70 percent. They came and changed the meter twice!!

Mike

Dan, do you have flexline? Also do you have a good size return in the other zones which is NOT in the ceiling. since hubby got rid of flexline and put in a proper return at knee height system has been working correctly.

No flex

The system has no flex in it. baseboard supplies and high returns. Old system was low return and baseboard supplies. It did not cool very well and return side lacked enough size to work correctly!!

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast