Problems with Ecoquest Dealers - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 168
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by NHMoldInspector View Post
    Like I said before, why would NASA endorse it if it was junk...since they created the technology I would give the benefit of the doubt it isn't! Putting it on an official NASA site and saying it reduces exposure to harmful allergens counts as an endorsement. An unpaid one at that!
    The "Certified Space Technology" seal is NOT, I repeat, NOT an endorsement for the effectiveness of any product. The sole criteria for qualifying for it is to incorporate a technology in a commercial product available to the public that was developed by or for the space program. No proof of effectiveness, safety, or usefulness of the product is implied by the "Certified Space Technology" program.
    The sole reason the certification program exists is for PR for the space program.
    The wright ups on the web site is the same sort of thing you will find in a news release for products at a trade show. Basically just stuff from the marketing materials for the products and quotes from representatives of the companies.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL.
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    You said the keyword, pyramid.
    Do you even know what a pyramid scheme is? I suspect not by your post. Just because a network marketing co. falsely advertises about the effectiveness of their product doesn't make it a pyramid scheme. Before posting an ignorant statement & looking stupid I recommend doing some research first.

    Let's keep on topic & not make this a thread slamming MLMers.
    WHY?

  3. #68
    Made,

    I appologize I didn't hear the brakes on the little bus pull up! You are a key example of how stupid some people can be. What do you think because you can repeat a sentence like the fat retarded kid on the simpsons that you overwhelminglingly have proved me wrong? You really are a special brand of idiot, I never said I went to the HVAC training, I said that they hold special training days for pros like you, well not like you...real pros...not some cookie cutter chump who feels pushing air makes him an IAQ expert. Oh and dip**** the commercial courses are pretty much the one RGF had put together for the advanced oxidation specialist training.

    John,

    I did address the issue, you were to busy listening to made in china. The products will never be sold in retail outlets because the sole purpose for Mike Jackson creating Ecoquest was to help others achieve what he had through Shaklee and Alpine. So it undermines the small business to distribute products that way. Oh and John, those are court documents? Consumer affairs hahaha! Ya ok! Read the FTC one, it says they are related companies. Not the same one. Mike Jackson got wealthy through Shaklee, moved on to Alpine and became their Exec eventually, he then bought Alpines marketing rights , RGF'S light industrial and residential divison, and marketing rights for infinity 2 and that is Ecoquest. I said we aren't the same company which your webflake documents other than the FTC one are written for the web and consumer affairs is often mistaken to have some validity by idiots mistaking it for consumer reports.


    Marc ,

    I know it doesn't but there is a link straight off of NASA's page and logically I would expect when NASA develops something that they wouldn't participate in providing something harmful to the public. You made my point that it was developed by the space program, I guess Made in a trailer park is upset because he is far more qualified at IAQ then anyone in the space program! hahah

  4. #69
    Directly taken from the report:
    "(1).Among various
    guidelines for ozone exposures, the following thresholds have
    been specified for occupational environments: 0.2 ppm for
    2 h (2), 0.05-0.10 for 8 h (2), 0.1 ppm for 8 h (3), and 0.05
    ppm for instantaneous (no time limit specified) exposure
    (4). For comparison, the outdoor air standard is 0.08ppm for
    8 h"


    "Our monitoring data
    obtained with the tested unit operating in a non-ventilated
    room of100m3 (not presented here) suggest that the ozone
    level can be kept below 0.05ppm while the unit continuously
    operates for many hours."

    So i made an error and said 50 ppm when I should have said 5 hundreths of a ppm....we still have established that you haven't read the report and since you seem to think the smell comment was funny also proves you have never done anything with the technology or you would know that RCI has a distinct smell to it and if the smell is gone it would be a distinct indicator that it wasn't working. My air was too dry at one point and I thought the unit was broken but since it relys on some degree of moisture in the air after about an hour with a humidifyer it was back to normal.

    Oh, Special Ed, this is what the U of C said about the bulb...all of RGF and our advertising says 100-300nm.

    The UV lamp utilizes argon gas with mercury
    and carbide filaments with a spectral output between 100
    and 367 nm.

  5. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeinUSA View Post
    Are you sure your trainer “nose” what he is talking about.

    This is funny.

    Hey, if I put a odor thinga muh jiggy in the furnace, will I know when it is creating too much carbon monoxide, or should I wait until the family is dead or have bad breathing problems?
    Made a trailer in Hoboken,

    Carbon Dioxide don't you mean? I am assuming you are refering to an RCI cell being put in. But your a pro, questionably enough. It converts ethelene gas into CO2 not CO, but you really knew that right, you were just pretending to be that stupid to try to further discredit a technology that you have no experience with what so ever? That is truly how a "professional" shows his true colors as just being a chump with a lot of time under his belt. Making the same mistakes over and over doesn't rate you a pro, some people would refer to that as a hack, an idiot, or junk made in the US.

    Since carbon monoxide is an odorless gas...the comparisson validates what point? My IQ just dropped about 10 pts by reading your posts. Luckily there is plenty to spare!

    Oh and I never said I knew jack about HVAC, on the contrary I said I knew nothing about it. I am not about being deceptive which is obviously your game. Even if you can pick apart the way I loosely use terminology doesn't invalidate what is on the testing either way. It is both safe and effective!
    Does it work better when it is incorperated into a filter system, yes! Does it provide microbial protection? Yes!

    Most homes around here don't have HVAC systems, so what would you suggest a filter in a box...that might work! hahah
    Last edited by NHMoldInspector; 03-04-2007 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #71
    The mistake I made was with the decimal point. I mixed up parts per billion with parts per million. .05ppm is 50 parts per billion right? So it is safe!

    The only reason I can figure why you would have such a hard time believing that Mike Jackson's intentions are to help the little guys in society build a promising business is because your lack of belief in humanity. He started out with nothing and built a good life for himself with Shaklee, and then was a success with Alpine. So for someone who is a Christian, is it that improbable that he is thankful for having been blessed and is trying to extend that blessing to others? The key point is why you don't believe it is possible. That would lead me to believe that you yourself are only about self interest despite how much you claim to help people, otherwise it wouldn't seem impossible to think someone rich might actually care about helping others achieve financial success. That doesn't expose Mike for being messed up, it just exposes what kind of person you really are!
    Last edited by NHMoldInspector; 03-04-2007 at 10:27 AM.

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    415
    Moldi,

    I write this with the hopes that you will consider rethinking your business model. Yes, due to an injury that took me out of the field I have a lot of time to “Troll” the internet and I did some looking into MLM’s, very interesting reading. I won’t post the links but your posts lead me to believe that you have been “sucked in” and now are just trying to survive in this so called “business”. I can tell you after having run two successful businesses and in the process of starting a third that MLM’s are not what I consider a real business. Do you have insurance for product liability? Do you know you can be liable for the claims and practices of the people under you?

    “Today, and especially with the growth of the internet, it is possible for consumer to get about whatever they want at competitive prices. There is simply no real need for distribution "systems" as there once was, and indeed the focus of all the programs is not on the products they sell -- which are usually either bogus or are available somewhere else to the public at the same or lesser prices. Instead, the focus now is solely on recruiting new people to either buy into the program or else to buy products that are grossly overpriced (i.e., a $1 bottle of "herbal shampoo" for $26), with the idea that those people will recruit additional people who will also buy into the program or themselves buy the grossly overpriced products.”

    Your dedication to this one product tells me that it cannot be a good business. If something in my business is not working I can change products or services to meet the needs of my customers. You can only sell one solution for every problem, The product you represent is too complicated for you or any of us to understand (even if it does work) so your only defense is to keep repeating the company sales lines of wonderful university studies and testing but have no real world examples. The scare tactics are also a red flag. Those of us in the business of HVAC who for years have had to solve IAQ problems would know if your product would be useful or not. If I believed your claims I would be on board but I am not convinced. From what I have read the leaders of your company made their money from selling over priced or dangerous products with untrue marketing claims… not the kind of people I would follow. Take with a grain of salt those claims of helping the little guy, they are in it for the money. Also the childish response and language in some of your post is very unprofessional.

    I could go on and on but there is really no point. I actually started to feel bad for you taking so many shots. My point is that there IS a lot of opportunity in the IAQ market but you need to be educated on the mechanical and building systems that go into making a quality indoor environment (after 20 years I am always learning something new). Take the time to write a business plan, have it evaluated by someone like SCORE http://www.score.org/ and see if your business truly has merit.

    Good luck.

  8. #73
    They do actually have more products but vitamins don't fit on this website well. They do water purification systems too. Their Hair and skin care which I don't try to sell though I do use the products myself. The also make an odor free enzyme based home cleaner that is eco friendly and will replace all the cleaning supplies in your home, you just mix it in different concentrations.

    I will try typing the plan into that site later, I would be curious to see how it rates. Shaklee has a similar plan, ours just compensates a little better but 3 out of 4 shaklee people I called to show the business op had been doing it for 20+ years, earned 6-7 bonus cars and make a real good monthly income.

    Our plan is close it just pays 4x as much as theirs...so if 3 people in my area have been successful with that it would stand to reason similar results.

    They have the air source which has an RGF phi cell in it that sells for the same price as the Fresh Air

  9. #74
    Mbarson - Nice, thoughtful post. There is indeed alot of opportunity today for someone in the field of IAQ. The formula is pretty simple. Select the right products (there are NO panaceas). Know the systems they go in. Treat your customers right and keep their well being in the forefront of your thinking. Work hard and smart every day. The business will be there.

    Moldi, you do have to work on disagreeing without being disagreeable. This is not personal. We are all trying to learn from each other.

  10. #75
    Ok, well I apologize for attacking you personaly BE and I am goin to call an industrial hygienist and see if I can apprentice for several hours a week. I had one recomended to me a while back and I just put it off.

    That doesn't mean I feel any less about the products effectiveness, just that I did make the argument personal, regardless of if you created this thread just to instigate with me.
    Last edited by NHMoldInspector; 03-04-2007 at 08:51 PM.

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    5,340
    Quote Originally Posted by NHMoldInspector View Post
    Made,

    I appologize I didn't hear the brakes on the little bus pull up! You are a key example of how stupid some people can be. What do you think because you can repeat a sentence like the fat retarded kid on the simpsons that you overwhelminglingly have proved me wrong? You really are a special brand of idiot, I never said I went to the HVAC training, I said that they hold special training days for pros like you, well not like you...real pros...not some cookie cutter chump who feels pushing air makes him an IAQ expert. Oh and dip**** the commercial courses are pretty much the one RGF had put together for the advanced oxidation specialist training.
    Thank you so very much for proving my point.

    You have no right walking into people’s homes being you are no more qualified to access and evaluate the complete environment than a new born baby.

    Organizations that breed people like you without credentials should be brought up on charges of reckless endangerment to a citizen.

    The reason you went off like you did is because all my facts were true and undisputable. Secondly, because you are not a true professional but just a hyped up MLM’er trying to make a quick buck off the backs of unsuspecting citizens who will be the ultimate losers to your false products you guys pawn off when their issues are not correctly solved.

    Have a nice life.
    Last edited by MadeinUSA; 03-05-2007 at 12:42 AM.

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    5,340
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeinUSA View Post
    Are you sure your trainer “nose” what he is talking about.

    This is funny.

    Hey, if I put a odor thinga muh jiggy in the furnace, will I know when it is creating too much carbon monoxide, or should I wait until the family is dead or have bad breathing problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by NHMoldInspector View Post
    Made a trailer in Hoboken,

    Carbon Dioxide don't you mean? I am assuming you are refering to an RCI cell being put in. But your a pro, questionably enough. It converts ethelene gas into CO2 not CO, but you really knew that right, you were just pretending to be that stupid to try to further discredit a technology that you have no experience with what so ever? That is truly how a "professional" shows his true colors as just being a chump with a lot of time under his belt. Making the same mistakes over and over doesn't rate you a pro, some people would refer to that as a hack, an idiot, or junk made in the US.

    Since carbon monoxide is an odorless gas...the comparisson validates what point? My IQ just dropped about 10 pts by reading your posts. Luckily there is plenty to spare!

    Oh and I never said I knew jack about HVAC, on the contrary I said I knew nothing about it. I am not about being deceptive which is obviously your game. Even if you can pick apart the way I loosely use terminology doesn't invalidate what is on the testing either way. It is both safe and effective!
    Does it work better when it is incorperated into a filter system, yes! Does it provide microbial protection? Yes!

    Most homes around here don't have HVAC systems, so what would you suggest a filter in a box...that might work! hahah
    Thank you for showing us your ignorance AGAIN. Yes, I said CO (Carbon Monoxide) because that IS what I meant. I was talking about furnaces and trying to show the significance of the dangers in this trade and knowing what is happening which YOU have in your two replies thoroughly convinced and shown us you DO NOT.

    You did not pick up on this because you are NOT QUALIFIED to be performing in this arena.

    You are a danger to anyone you come in contact with when you portray yourself as a pro and fully qualified to evaluate their problems, but then isn’t that what MLM’ers are good at, creating marketing and knee jerk opportunities to acquire impulse purchases and members.

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Do you even know what a pyramid scheme is? I suspect not by your post. Just because a network marketing co. falsely advertises about the effectiveness of their product doesn't make it a pyramid scheme. Before posting an ignorant statement & looking stupid I recommend doing some research first.

    Let's keep on topic & not make this a thread slamming MLMers.
    Well that was not my intent to bash all mlm's.

    I have the same beefs with this stuff as BE. The company teaches people how to sell the product, not WHY to sell the product and WHERE.
    Joe public can go sign up on this stuff with no understanding of IAQ and all they know when they are done is what to say to get this product in the door.

    BUT........before you go calling me stupid, define a pyramid would ya?
    Multi level marketing is a pyramid plain simple cut and dry.
    You have one guy/group at the top, everybody is signed on under them, with a couple people under them etc etc etc.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event