Problems with Ecoquest Dealers - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NHMoldInspector View Post
    i was wrong about 284 but they list UVX as 100-300nm
    So that “HVAC” training they have isn’t all that grand after all I see. Just like I thought.

Well, actually I did not have to think about it. It just comes down to common sense.

If you sell plug in fixes, you get a plug in repairmen with a plug in education.

Hey, I might just camp out here over the weekend. I have a feeling this thread might become very entertaining.

I have the commercial training book and it might be in their but it is pretty big so i'll just ask my MGR tomorrow.
    Just as I suspected. The so called “training” is whatever the upper people on the pyramid decide to brainwash their underlings with in order for product to move and achieve monthly bonus awards.

I want to see their training.

Where can I get a DVD?

ROFLMAO

So if they say it lasts that long I bet most of the time it does.
    Are your lips stained RED from all the Koolaide they serve you guys at your meetings?

You said the keyword, pyramid. I still have not gotten a response to my question, if these things were at all useful and did HALF of what they claimed, why arent they being sold in supply houses, why arent Lennox, Carrier etc selling them or trying to incorporate them into their units?

We have enough testing to keep up out of court now.
    WEW. Just what a potential homeowner wants to hear when trying to solve major Indoor Air problems.

LMAO

Is that your closing sentence you guys use with customers?

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    You said the keyword, pyramid. I still have not gotten a response to my question, if these things were at all useful and did HALF of what they claimed, why arent they being sold in supply houses, why arent Lennox, Carrier etc selling them or trying to incorporate them into their units?
    Becuzz it beez snake OIL and they do not want to tarnish their brand names with it.

It is that simple.

Actually the first paragrah of his first post showed me the extent of the training they are given,
    Show me where in the U of C report it went over 50ppm, it didn't! On the contrary it said the opposite of what you said. It said that with continuous use in an area of 100m3 it can be run without exceeding 50ppm.
    50ppm?

1.00 to 2.00 ppm
    Los Angeles, California, declares its Smog Alert No. 2 at 1.00 ppm ozone concentration and Smog Alert No. 3 at 1.500 ppm. When this range of ozone concentration was inhaled by human volunteers for 2 hours, it caused symptoms which could be tolerated without incapacitation with the symptoms subsiding after a few days. The symptoms were headache, pain in the chest, and dryness of the respiratory tract.
    1.40 to 5.60 ppm
    The pinto bean exposed to 1.4 to 5.0 ppm ozone concentrations for 70 minutes showed some signs of severe injury to mature leaves.
    5.00 to 25.00 ppm
    Experimentation showed that a 3 hour exposure at 12 ppm was lethal for Guinea pigs. Welders who were exposed to 9 ppm concentration plus other air pollutants developed pulmonary edema. Chest X-rays were normal in 2 to 3 weeks, but 9 months later they still complained of fatigue and exertional dyspnea (labored respiration).
    25.00 ppm and up
    Ozone concentrations that are immediately hazardous to human life are unknown but on the basis of animal experimentation, and exposure at 50 ppm concentration for 60 minutes would probably be fatal.
    They feed these guys just enough information to be dangerous. If they were actually trained on IAQ they would be able to figure out quite quickly that these things are inherently useless and ya cant have that.

If a product is truely great, im sorry it doesnt start and stay in the realm of multi level marketing.
    Last edited by johnl; 03-03-2007 at 09:29 PM.

Oh and here are some court documents lying about ecoquest and alpine being the same company
    http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2000/04/alpineindustries2.htm

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/..._contempt.html

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Alpine/alpine.html

Can you believe the government? blatantly lying about these companies being related?

It seems like it would be an expensive claim if it wasn't true since they replace em for free and then you get another 3 yr waranty on the new bulb.
    No manufacturer extends their original warranty when they replace a part under warranty.

Is that what you tell your potential customers?

We are really seeing that fine EQ "training" for what it is in just a few posts here aren't we?

Johnl and MadeinUSA
    Excellent points. And it is not just the MLMers that are using the scare the public and sell the panacea approach. My concern is that major HVAC equipment manufacturers and supply houses are jumping on this IAQ bandwagon using the same tactics. That is why I have been preaching the need for skepticism when it comes to any of these products - no matter who manufactures and markets them. It is the HVAC "pros" who have their reputations on the line. It is the "pros" who deal face to face with the customers. At the end of the day it is the "pros" who have the responsibility for seeing that the best systems are installed in their clients houses and other property.

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    (duct cleaning is how big a business?)
    Watch out now. They might put wheels on it and call it RotoBrush Jr. LOL

You can tell when the RCI isn't working, it will smell different.
    Are you sure your trainer “nose” what he is talking about.

This is funny.

Hey, if I put a odor thinga muh jiggy in the furnace, will I know when it is creating too much carbon monoxide, or should I wait until the family is dead or have bad breathing problems?

what I sent you is a release with the test results from Bejing and it was tested on benxene and formaldehyde. Just because it isn't the original doesn't make it less true.
    This guy should replace Conan O'Brian.

I think after the FTC EQ wouldn't be dumb enough to fabricate lab results.
    Yeah, WorldCom, Enron or any of the other muli-billion dollar companies didn't feel that way either did they.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast