I recently purchased a home and shortly after moving in I noticed a small amount of mold coming out of an a/c vent. When I opened it I found mold on the insulation in the ac register. The mold does not appear to be going into the ducts. What is the best way to clean this and is it toxic? If I rub at the mold will it ruin the insulation? Should I get my air ducts cleaned, and will an air duct cleaning service remove this mold? I posted pictures of one that looked bad in the house and another that looked more normal.
Thanks in advanced!