Staefa Smart2 Integration to Ax

I'm new to Ax, and I'm waiting for the certification class this summer. I have tinkered in Ax on multiple systems performing service work. With that being said, I recently had a customer contact me regarding installing a new front end for a large number of Staefa smart 2 VAV cards, and a couple DDC cards. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this integration and if so I was hoping someone could answer some of the questions I have.
    Is there a reliable driver on the market?
    How much control will the customer have over the SM2 points?
    Is this a time consuming process, and if so is there a breaking point of replacement versus integration?
    I appreciate the help, this is a long standing customer of mine and the last thing I want to do is give him a system that's difficult to use or lacks control.

We had a couple of buildings that were done in R2 with the Smart II driver. It was quite good. I'm not sure if the AX driver is out there or not, but I would bet it is.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

I've done a lot of these and you get everything from a control standpoint . The only draw back is that you have to install a TTL to RS485 converter for each trunk, the driver is expensive and you lose SM Dialog.

Smart II Sequence of Operation

We are doing a Smart II/AX Application at the moment. We are trying to find an object in the smart II that shows the CFM reading and not the FPM reading. Any suggestions?

Airflow is always on Input 3.
    The driver (Siemens/Steafa version) should read what ever data is in the controller. Meaning if Input 3 is set to read FPM instead of CFM it will report FPM back.
    That said I have seen the driver read counts (0-225) on the Analog Inputs before.
    I have a SM2 manual in PDF if you want it.