Iran launches satelite

US doubts Iranian space launch claim

Feb 26 2:47 PM US/Eastern

The US military has no evidence to corroborate an Iranian claim that it fired a rocket into space and suspects that the event never happened, a US defense official said Monday.
    Iranian space officials said Sunday they launched a "sounding rocket" into space for research purposes, reaching an altitude of 150 kilometers (93 miles). They said the rocket did not go into orbit.

"We have no indication that that's true," a US defense official told AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity. "Nothing we've come up with would indicate that's happened."

The official said it was highly unlikely that such a space shot would have gone undetected by the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which monitors missile launches worldwide.

"Even our training launches are recorded," the official said. "There was nothing on this one."

"The intelligence assessments points to that the event didn't happen," the official said.

Iran's state television announced what it said was Iran's first successful space launch.

"The rocket was carrying material intended for research created by the ministries of science and defense," Mohsen Bahrami, the head of Iran's aerospace research center, told the channel.

The Fars news agency quoted Ali Akbar Golrou, deputy head of the center, as saying the "sounding rocket" reached an altitude of 150 kilometers (93 miles) but fell back to earth without going into orbit.
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid."
    - President Dwight Eisenhower

It's probably all just "spin news" created by the same people that brought you the "Iran is arming the insurgents in Iraq" people.

The Bush Admin is intent on stirring the pot some more with this Iran thing. I don't think that the American people are gonna fall for it twice. "fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you!"...

Quote Originally Posted by oloenneker View Post
    It's probably all just "spin news" created by the same people that brought you the "Iran is arming the insurgents in Iraq" people.

The Bush Admin is intent on stirring the pot some more with this Iran thing. I don't think that the American people are gonna fall for it twice. "fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you!"...
    Stirring the pot?

Hey Idiot...the Idiot is building a Nuke.

Ok....so we wait.......??? WHY!!!!!!!!!

So they can target Toledo.

Or maybe it's possible that the present admin understands the reality of the Iranian threat and they are willing to do what is necessary to deal with it in a responsible manner as opposed to letting threats go unchecked in favor of public opinion.

The only fools are the ones that bury their heads in the sand while imminent threats continue to plan to destroy their allies and themselves with the help of UN members with veto powers.

You really should come out of the dark ages and recognize current political dynamics and disabuse yourself of old prejudices and archaic notions.

Shame on me for fooling you twice? are you that gullible, or did you get that backward?

(In a really lithpy voice) We should bring all the troops home and let iranians be iranians. They can't hurt us from way over there, and plus, they'll keep the peace in iraq. The democrats were tricked by Mr. Bush (Who according to them is the biggest idiot ever made), he's a bayuhd, bayuhd man. Michael Moore is so bang on, and well adjusted. He speaks for most americans and me too! Them iranians only wants a little nucular pire of day own, just to make electricity, like sadaam did back in the 80's 'til evil ole Israel went and spoiled his puddin'. I say let iraq and iran become one, under that silly little short man they call hockmydeen a loogie. He talks a little crazy, but he's showert and showert people are nice.
    Luke 6:31

Yeah, all the elements are there that were present in the "Iraq daily excuse for invasion" public relations blitz.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen