Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First floor system might be oversized

Post Likes
    We had a tech come in today to replace the first section of the main trunk with metal. Airflow does seem slightly more, but the tech said the kink in the old duct wasn't that bad.

He looked at the wiring on the IAQ and said he doesn't know what is wrong. I told him all I wanted was the ramping profile fixed on the blower. He made sure the dipswitches were set properly and they are. The blower is still only running at 100% cfm. I want the system to be operating the way it used to be before the on-board link was cut for the humidity feature. It used to run around 1060 cfm for 7 1/2 minutes, then go to 1220 cfm for the rest of the cycle. The tech can't figure why the blower won't ramp up anymore. Any further ideas??

Post Likes
    Not sure it can once the link/jumper is cut.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Not sure it can once the link/jumper is cut.
    Thanks. We had another tech from the installing company come yesterday and said the speed only ramps to 100% because the on board link (R to DS) was cut. He jumpered those back together and still didn't work. However, the decreased blower speed slightly to help with dehumidification and the system is dehumidifying better than before. The only way that the ramping could work again is if the control board was replaced. So basically I'm satisfied with everything for now and I'll post back if I have any further questions! Thanks again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in