Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So far we have called only one company to come out, but they charge too much for ductwork inspections, so we are just gonna wait for a little while longer... just wish we had the money to have the right size unit installed.

a lot of time you can increase the size of the existing returns to get the
    return you need.

I can't imagine what too much for a ductwork inspection would be,
    if you are losing conditioned air every minute the system runs.
    dampers aren't that difficult to install, and duct sealing & strapping
    ducts isn't rocket science.

but I'm used to doing these things, so of course I would see it
    as not difficult.

best of luck.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Well I came back to this thread because we FINALLY called a good company and they are gonna send someone out on Monday to do a computerized manual j on the first level!! He He will also inspect the ductwork. About time we have someone to do a proper load calculation. I'll give an update after that's done.

Quote Originally Posted by 545GAlady View Post
    Well I came back to this thread because we FINALLY called a good company and they are gonna send someone out on Monday to do a computerized manual j on the first level!! He He will also inspect the ductwork. About time we have someone to do a proper load calculation. I'll give an update after that's done.
    Update... It turns out that our system is properly sized. Ductwork is sized right, we have enough return air, and the only issue is duct leakage. That will be fixed, as well as replacing the first section of the main flex trunk with metal duct because of a kink in it. Does this sound like a good option? The other ducts just need some stretching out.

Should help with air flow.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Should help with air flow.
    Thanks beenthere for your input. One last thing, the way the contractor wants to do it is to run two 90 degree elbows (one coming off the side of the ductboard turning upward and the other connected to it turning horizontal, if you know what I mean. Then connect a short metal round duct to it and the flex will connect on the other end. I can post a diagram if needed). Is his idea okay? Sorry about these questions, I want to make sure everything's done right!

Its ok. It does cause some turbulence with the 90s like that though. If there is room to make the els into 45s it would be better for air flow.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Its ok. It does cause some turbulence with the 90s like that though. If there is room to make the els into 45s it would be better for air flow.
    I agree!!! Ask the contractor if they could at least change one of those 90's for a 45. They will place a small piece of hard pipe in-between but there will be a measurable difference in air flow restriction.

Thanks for the input guys. I called the contractor back and he said he will change those to 45's. By the way, I noticed another problem. The blower in the furnace is suppose to run at 50% cfm for 30 seconds, then ramp to 70% for 7 1/2 minutes, then to 100% until call is over, then ramp down to 50% for 30 seconds before ramping to off (the way it was set before, as I described earlier in the thread). Apparently when the onboard link was cut for dehumidify on demand, that disabled the ramping feature. I called a tech out and he set the dipswitches back to default (which is the ramping profile I descibed), and it still runs at 100% cfm only. I told the contractor and he said the techs who fix the duct issue will look at that. What do you think is wrong??
    Last edited by 545GAlady; 06-19-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added more information

I guess that depends on what tstat you are using. Most communicating tstats will override any dip-switch settings in the control board. Thus, if you adjust the dip-switch's on the board . . . nothing happens!

Quote Originally Posted by jpbhvac View Post
    I guess that depends on what tstat you are using. Most communicating tstats will override any dip-switch settings in the control board. Thus, if you adjust the dip-switch's on the board . . . nothing happens!
    We are using a Honeywell Visionpro IAQ tstat. The system is not set to communicating mode since the thermostat is non-communicating.

I'm really hoping that this issue is fixed. The system isn't removing as much humidity as it used too. It is my concern that the problem is not fixable and we'll be stuck with the system always running at 100% cfm. I forgot to mention that when the contractor was here, he jumpered the Y1 terminal to Y2 on the control board since we have a single stage heat pump. Was this the right thing to do? Is anyone on here more familiar with Lennox? The contractor came from a company who doesn't deal with Lennox too much. We did contact the installing company and they are too busy.

If the IAQ is wired up correctly, and set up correctly, it will slow the blower during normal cooling calls if the RH is above set point.
    Contractor locator map

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast