Historical high taxes myth

i'm not going to act like an expert on this , because i'm not, and it's very hard to find credible information about this.

in early America direct taxes were illegal.
    the government passed income tax and said it only applied to people who earn over 200k(?) and it would be a tax that people barely noticed.

the Communist nut case Franklin Roosevelt placed taxes on the lower income people, and raised "rich" taxes up to 91% and even went as high as 106% (after taxes were paid, they still owed money the following year)

i watched a documentary called Inconvenient TAX (on NETFLIX), a second documentary, and read some articles on the net.

what i read was, even with tax rates as high as 91%, 106%, and ect, due to favors and loop-holes, the rich never paid more than 35%.
    basically, the main goal was to distract working people while they were charged 27% in taxes, by claiming rich people paid astronomical rates, which wasn't true.

now, people reference the high rates of the past which it appears was most likely a myth.
    people should be horrified that the left-wing really has no limit of how much money they think the public should pay.

if you're telling me the Rockefellers paid 91% or 106%, you're wasting your time, i will NEVER believe that.
    rich people don't support government that takes their money away.

The first american tax was on whiskey, that much i know.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i'm not going to act like an expert on this , because i'm not, and it's very hard to find credible information about this.

in early America direct taxes were illegal.
    the government passed income tax and said it only applied to people who earn over 200k(?) and it would be a tax that people barely noticed.

the Communist nut case Franklin Roosevelt placed taxes on the lower income people, and raised "rich" taxes up to 91% and even went as high as 106% (after taxes were paid, they still owed money the following year)

i watched a documentary called Inconvenient TAX (on NETFLIX), a second documentary, and read some articles on the net.

what i read was, even with tax rates as high as 91%, 106%, and ect, due to favors and loop-holes, the rich never paid more than 35%.
    basically, the main goal was to distract working people while they were charged 27% in taxes, by claiming rich people paid astronomical rates, which wasn't true.

now, people reference the high rates of the past which it appears was most likely a myth.
    people should be horrified that the left-wing really has no limit of how much money they think the public should pay.

if you're telling me the Rockefellers paid 91% or 106%, you're wasting your time, i will NEVER believe that.
    rich people don't support government that takes their money away.

What rate did Obama pay? How much did he give to charity? He takes ever deduction he can, don't feel bad to do a cash service call and pocket the cash. Did you know in 1862, in order to support the Civil War effort, Congress enacted the nation's first income tax law
    it was suppose to be temp...

It was temporary. It went away. Later to resurface and become constitutional law. It is the 16th amendment.
    Saddle Up!

Yes we are aware of the 16th Amendment, point being our founders never want a tax on income. Hell they don't follow the 1st, 2nd or 4th Amendment why should I care about the 16th

Quote Originally Posted by mbpe View Post
    Yes we are aware of the 16th Amendment, point being our founders never want a tax on income. Hell they don't follow the 1st, 2nd or 4th Amendment why should I care about the 16th
    They PLEDGED to uphold and support the constitution, but ANY change to it is actually an attack on it. Like gun control/limits...
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.