Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left wing stance would be laying down or bending over willingly...
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Why do so many conservative male politicians get caught tapping their toes in the rest room?

I guess its just those "Family Values" that keeps a happy tune running through their empty head.

The figures revealed that men with higher upper-body strength were less likely to support left-wing policies on the redistribution of wealth.
    Men with less upper body strength are more likely to support the welfare state - like Labour leader Ed Miliband

Men with less upper body strength are more likely to support the welfare state - like Labour leader Ed Miliband

But men with low upper-body strength were more likely to put their own self-interest aside and support a welfare state.
    Utter hogwash.

This article equates the support of left-wing high-taxation policies with generosity. It says nothing about generous people who prefer to donate their energy, wealth, and time directly to their favorite charities or to local causes and communities instead of some central bureaucracy. Nor does it differentiate between those who prefer to give other people's money away and those who prefer to give away their own.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

I think belief choices have more to do with the atmosphere in which a person was raised. Then, if that person attends a college of todays kind, that person will have a greater increase in becoming what can be called a liberal if they weren't liberal before attending college.

Intelligence has been redefined since the 70's or so. Real intelligence has very little to do with "formal education" as we know it today. It has to do with the ability, natural or taught, to analyze a situation and see the core issue vs. looking for the emotional support issue which supports that persons belief system.

We have been sending our kids off to public schools and colleges of all types to be indoctronized in place of receiving a specialized education for further knowledge of a persons natural ability.

Plus success now means receiving massive amounts of money in place of the focus of doing well for the community, field and person engaged in that subject of education or training
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

Real intelligence has very little to do with "formal education"... It has to do with the ability, natural or taught, to analyze a situation...
    I think you have it backwards. There is a big difference between being intelligent or smart. Intelligence can be learned from books. Smartness, which is the ability to analyze a situation, cannot be taught.

Engineers and scientists are prime examples of more intelligence than smartness.

A Korean Businessman with broken English is an example of more smartness than intelligence. And at the end of the day, the Korean Businessman will make more money, as the smart take advantage of the intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    That's because they're less evolved.

Interesting article in Psychology Today about why liberals are more intelligent than conservatives.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-conservatives
    Oh boy, an article in 'I have a goofy idea about behavior' magazine... <grin>

There is a thread in ARP a while back about smarter folks are conservatives.

Lets not forget what Winston Churchill said (he probably copied it from someone): 'If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart... HOWEVER, If you do not GROW into a conservative, you have no brains.'

Either Churchill saw something we do not see today... or a lot of history is wrong... Which one is it?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Oh boy, an article in 'I have a goofy idea about behavior' magazine... <grin>

There is a thread in ARP a while back about smarter folks are conservatives.

Lets not forget what Winston Churchill said (he probably copied it from someone): 'If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart... HOWEVER, If you do not GROW into a conservative, you have no brains.'

Either Churchill saw something we do not see today... or a lot of history is wrong... Which one is it?
    Believe it or not, I was more conservative when I was younger. As the conservative party started moving too far to the right and became more of a cultural party of religious christian whites, I started identifying more with the liberals. My beliefs about worker's rights, the environment and science are more aligned with the liberals. But in some ways I am becoming more conservative as I get older.
    As I get older things like community and a persons responsibility within a community become more important to me. I have less tolerance and empathy for people that break the rules and disrupt the peace and jeopardize the safety of the community. Just because a person got a bum deal in life is no excuse to steal and rob. And there should be consequences for such action. So I've become more conservative in terms of law and order. But at the same time, I recognize that many of the problems we have in our communities are societal problems related to the environment that children are raised. This is where I believe government (we the people) has a role in helping to break the cycle of poverty, crime, drug use.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

This theory must be for the brits only as in america we got a whole lot of strong upper bodied guys walking around this country collecting welfare and sporting Obama phones who ...if they even vote......vote for the libs like o whammy. I also see a lot of poor white handout receiving welfare bums who look pretty strong too...... and while I dont believe many of them would vote for obama.....they would vote for a white liberal.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    Believe it or not, I was more conservative when I was younger. As the conservative party started moving too far to the right and became more of a cultural party of religious christian whites, I started identifying more with the liberals. My beliefs about worker's rights, the environment and science are more aligned with the liberals. But in some ways I am becoming more conservative as I get older.
    As I get older things like community and a persons responsibility within a community become more important to me. I have less tolerance and empathy for people that break the rules and disrupt the peace and jeopardize the safety of the community. Just because a person got a bum deal in life is no excuse to steal and rob. And there should be consequences for such action. So I've become more conservative in terms of law and order. But at the same time, I recognize that many of the problems we have in our communities are societal problems related to the environment that children are raised. This is where I believe government (we the people) has a role in helping to break the cycle of poverty, crime, drug use.
    Yes, there are issues here which I agree need to be dealt with... and IMO there are two approaches (well probably more):
    One is to let the govt fund (out of tax $$$'s) endless programs...
    The other is to take away the safety nets so folks have no choice other than to take responsibility for their lives... or starve to death.

The first has been tried over the last few generations... with disastrous results (unless the only goal is centralizing power)
    The latter is the way the world has worked for as long as people have been alive... seems it has worked a lot better than throwing $$$ at problems... only to see the problems get WORSE.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Question

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    This theory must be for the brits only as in america we got a whole lot of strong upper bodied guys walking around this country collecting welfare and sporting Obama phones who ...if they even vote......vote for the libs like o whammy. I also see a lot of poor white handout receiving welfare bums who look pretty strong too...... and while I dont believe many of them would vote for obama.....they would vote for a white liberal.

Funny corny, you can't count the non White males or White gay "males" with muscles in this category as anyone with half a brain understands. The only "White" male liberals I know of are wimps and sickly looking.

Well today I saw not one but two bonafide commies. I have never seen an Obama sticker on a car driven by a straight looking White male until this morning.

I have seen them cars driven by minorities, White feminist Nazis, White gays with rainbow stickers, etc. But today I saw not one but two non hippie or gay looking wimpish White males in their 50's or 60's driving different cars with Obama stickers.

They have to be real hard core commies to be driving around Georgia proudly displaying that commie Obama sticker on their cars. Should be locked up for being an enemy of the state IMHO. Just made me sick. Hack I was fighting commie soldiers in Nam and now have to see them in the US acting like they belong is too much. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12