Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,626

    Finally, An Explanation

    Men who are strong are more likely to take a right-wing stance, while weaker men support the welfare state, researchers claim.

    Their study discovered a link between a man’s upper-body strength and their political views.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz2TYXA3NQz

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,733
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    Men who are strong are more likely to take a right-wing stance, while weaker men support the welfare state, researchers claim.

    Their study discovered a link between a man’s upper-body strength and their political views.
    The "right-wing stance" they are referring to probably pertains to conflict resolution options. A bigger guy, as with right wingers, typically choose aggression (war) over diplomacy.

    I doubt any connection between upper body strength and one's willingness to feed the poor.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The "right-wing stance" they are referring to probably pertains to conflict resolution options. A bigger guy, as with right wingers, typically choose aggression (war) over diplomacy.

    I doubt any connection between upper body strength and one's willingness to feed the poor.
    I guess you didn't read it, because it doesn't mention aggression over diplomacy. It says weak men choose the welfare state. That being said, I don't really buy it. There are quite a few conservative men that would not be considered strong in their upper body strentgh and there are a fair number of strong, upper body, that agree with the left wing view. It is an interesting topic though.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,733
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    I guess you didn't read it, because it doesn't mention aggression over diplomacy. It says weak men choose the welfare state. That being said, I don't really buy it. There are quite a few conservative men that would not be considered strong in their upper body strentgh and there are a fair number of strong, upper body, that agree with the left wing view. It is an interesting topic though.
    I did read it. A "right-wing stance" means a lot more than avoiding a welfare state. It's much more about choosing war and corporatism than not feeding the poor.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    The true test would be to see if there are any wimps in the Taliban. Not many more right wing than them.


    Now it is not a stretch to equate men that grew up physically stronger and have used it to get their way (and why would a teenager not use their strengths) with political views (physically strong males consistently pursued the self-interested position).
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,733
    I doubt the majority of Democrats support the welfare state either.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    1,018
    That's because they're less evolved.

    Interesting article in Psychology Today about why liberals are more intelligent than conservatives.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-conservatives
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    18,216
    Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    That's because they're less evolved.

    Interesting article in Psychology Today about why liberals are more intelligent than conservatives.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-conservatives
    Pff...come on over to Detroit and I can show you 75% of the population of a city thats categorized as illiterate. The other 25% has a 2nd grade reading level.
    75% doesn't even graduate high school.

    And guess what...they are all libtard democrats that worship your stupid king obama.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,733
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Pff...come on over to Detroit and I can show you 75% of the population of a city thats categorized as illiterate. The other 25% has a 2nd grade reading level.
    75% doesn't even graduate high school.

    And guess what...they are all libtard democrats that worship your stupid king obama.
    I would compare them to Rush Limbaugh's listening audience. But I doubt there is a war out there that his audience did not support.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I doubt the majority of Democrats support the welfare state either.
    Funny Brian then why do practically all if not all of the Democrats in Congress support the welfare state big time? And then why to the "majority" as you say of Democrats who don't support the welfare state vote for these Democrats in Congress who do? You do not make sense here. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,947
    Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    That's because they're less evolved.

    Interesting article in Psychology Today about why liberals are more intelligent than conservatives.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-conservatives
    How can that be when the IQ of Democrats is much lower? Compare the IQ of Democrats to Republicans the gap must be over 20 points. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    That's because they're less evolved.

    Interesting article in Psychology Today about why liberals are more intelligent than conservatives.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-conservatives
    Blacks consistently score 200 points less on their SAT test than whites, and we know blacks vote at least 90% liberal. The 12% black population alone would dumb down the averages for liberals.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,866
    Does a "right wing stance" equal a "wide stance"?

    Where is Larry Craig now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event