Mitsubishi Mr Slim heat pump operating issues,MXZ-4B36NA, MSZGE09 (4), MSZGE15NA (1)

I had a quad system Mitsubishi heat pump (MXZ-4B36NA, MSZGE09 (4), MSZGE15NA (1)) installed 08/11. It was installed by a professional but unfortunately he has moved and cant help me with the diagnosis.

A month ago, the light on the evaporator (interior units) started to blink after about 2-3 minutes of startup (same for all 4 evaps) and would then shut off.

I do not hear the compressor turn on anymore. The blinking LED on the evaps are supposed to give a blink pattern but they blink consistently without any pattern. So the compressor LED also have a blink pattern, so I figured I could use that to get to the failure mode table in the manual, but one of the 30 amp fuse (disconnect switch (2-30amp fuses) next to compressor) was blown. And at replacement and startup, the fuse blew again. Without power I cant read the compressor LED blink pattern to get to the failure mode table.

Any ideas why the disconnect switch fuse keeps blowing? I dont think its a charging issue, some sort of a short. Compressor?

Hmm I'm gonna go with a dead short time to call someone out before it bites you or someone else

Go to the Mitisubishi site and find a certefied contractor in your area.
    http://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/en/...city=&zipcode=

I've tried a few times, I get an error on that contractor location site.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    If your compressor is a burnout, do yourself a favor buy a new unit, it will be cheaper in the end.

As to finding a dealer to properly fix this unit, you would be best to look for a Diamond Dealer, these have been trained at a Mitsubishi site. Have your original installing contractor refer another contactor to service your unit.

These units are complex to most contractors, when a compressor has a burn out other components can be effected.
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

I've had an electrician and HVAC tech come out and after disconnecting the wiring to the air handler units and the compressor on the board, the L2 has a short to ground. So this rules out the compressor, air handler units and the wiring from the house.

Mitsubishi's tech line returns the call 2-3 hrs after the fact and I cant have them just waiting around accruing fees. Any better way to isolate the issue further?

I finally got a diamond contractor to come out and take a look. Looks like the compressor is toast. There is a short to ground on all three, U, V, and W coils.

But he wants to charge $ for labor. It's still under warranty. Isn't that outrageous for 4 hours of work?
    Last edited by beenthere; 05-25-2013 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Price

Lol sorry but did you think about the other materials, licensing, insurance, vehicle, tools to do it, refrigerant, etc etc. and if he's a diamond dealer I'm sure he will be there to stand behind it if it goes south again

Sorry, we don't discuss prices here.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?