Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lennox basic

Thermostat wire needs to be painted white too!!

Install is not bad. But that downspout is bugging the hell out of me. Why don't people fix those!?!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

You must have thick skin to post with pride.

I like the UV tape and the fact you bolted down the condenser. I see you caulked around the disconnect too. Most people don't take the time.

I always run my dryers horizontal. I don't know why though, I just do. The tape job looks nice where the duct comes in.

All in all I see some nice things here. You gave it a lot of effort. Some quirky things I would have done different but nothing major.

Looks good.

Ya'll be nice. Some of you might have pictures on the shame wall.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    This is a tough audience, I have seen those pictures on the dealer Reconnect at Lennox, where John is treated a little nicer.

I only wish we could get one of those easy plywood box return duct jobs. This is what I always seem to get, John has seen these pics as well.

Now before you guys rip me a new one, about the filter being too small or the white corrosion on the sheet metal. First the house is over 4000 square feet, the total heat load is 40k so the hot water coil is supplied by a HTP Versa Hydro, the customer is a fan of typhoon showers and 90 gallon soaking tubs. The staining of the metal is from a few of the idiot subs on the job moving my custom fittings into harms way. The customer had a hand in the move and so did not want to pay twice for something that does not matter.

I do not know how to rotate some of these pictures all horizontal looking equipment is actually vertical.

The mastic was done by my apprentice who was a bit sloppy, sometimes I make him use blue tape before applying mastic then it looks pretty nice after removal. The condensate pump has also been removed and repiped correctly, and this time the 3/8 outlet line was connected. These knuckle heads need to get that experience in the trade before my competition can hire them.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

Is that a dryer vent behind the condenser? What is the name of that uv tape on the condenser lines?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Good eye,
    That is the wall flashing for the refrigeration lines to exit from the wall. "Old school" flashing not used for this purpose anymore as we have a rather large hole on the underside that has to be foamed in to make it rodent proof. Now days one uses a round 1-1/2" pipe flashing (that is used on the roof) to provide the exit point out the wall. Much more rodent proof.

The tape is called Christy's. Plumbers use it to wrap underground, I notice it lasts for years above ground in UV light. Usually I wrap only the suction line insulation but I see my installer when around it all. Does not mater to me to much as long as he did a clean job and it is rodent proof to the house.

We did secure the unit in place as this is code. It is in the IMC that equipment designed to be fixed in place shall be secured in place. It has nothing to do with Earthquakes and more to do with the fact high voltage electrical is connected to this appliance.

John
    http://www.faucetdepot.com/prod/Chri...hick-18826.asp

I roughed in this one the other day. We hardly do any new construction as this was a remodel.

We all like to do things differently. While I may not like to do some of the things the way the OP did, I sure wish I came across installs this nice more often.

I stand corrected. I just looked at it really quick in the phone. It doesn't look bad at all. It looks like a really tight spot to work in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12