+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tool bag

Post Likes

tool bag

What is everyone's favorite tool bag I bought a clc with a zip up side for tools and I hate it they didn't have a veto or I woulda probably got that. After buying this one I'm not even sure I want a bag with zip up sides, just curious what other people like?

Post Likes
    Still like my Veto LC.

Won't go back to an open top bag.

Post Likes
    Still use my bucket buddy(AKA Port-A-Potty) on service calls.

I bought the Veto HVAC bag (can't remember the number) but don't really like it.

Post Likes
    I use a gym bag, it's cheap and easy to get up and down a roof.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Post Likes
    I prefer an open top bag over one with zippers. It's a nice easy grab all the time to get stuff and shove it back in it's place. Even when the bag is packed in the van and I just want a couple things out of it I can do that with out fighting with a zipped up bag, or worse yet, one with all the tools in pockets all around the outside getting caught on every cord and hose in the van all the time.

Veto OT-LC has been my main service bag for the past bunch of months now, and I freaking love it. http://www.vetopropac.com/open-top-lc

Post Likes
    I still use my veto LC I bought bought 4-5 yrs ago. It is still in good condition other than a couple of zippers lost. Recently I picked up a Klein backpack to use during pms. Got it due to veto is kind of heavy for pms. Note: I had back surgery last yr, so I only pull my veto for service repairs.

Post Likes
    Well I went ahead and bought the veto tech LC loaded it up with my tools and its great but like a lot of others I think ill keep a basic pouch for pm's

Post Likes
    I have clc 8inch tote with plastic tray on bottom. I have the veto lc and fill it up to much. for residential it would be fine but commercial I personally thought it was to heavy.

Post Likes
    I like the CLC 1526 also.Have a Veto too but the CLC is my favorite.If Veto would copy it with a hard bottom it would be great. They would probably want an arm and leg for it though

Post Likes
    Veto LC or the Tech LC. I have both and both are the best I have found for my needs.

Post Likes
    I agree with aftech, a good ole bucket buddy has been my favoite over all the tool bags i've seen. I really like the fact that your tools are spread out and easy to see.

Post Likes
    Name:  UR_0491_HSKY_18inRollingT_4.jpg
Views: 1721
Size:  14.3 KB

Cost like $60 at home depot. Has wheels, tons of pouches and fits a lot of stuff. I also like to put heavy boxes on top of it (condensing units for reach ins, heavy motors, etc) and angle it to use it like a hand cart. Best $60 I ever spent!

Post Likes
    my tool bag hasn't left the van for I don't know how long.....too much stuff in it for pm's.

i just toss what i need in a bucket and go......easy to rope up to the roof, and you can just toss any trash in it, as you know it's gonna be emptied at the end of the day. I've been thinkin of getting a smaller bag for pm's but, haven't really come across anything that's small enough to not fill to the brim, but large enough to carry what you need......is there such a thing?....or is that too much to ask!!??LOL!!

Post Likes
    i bought the small veto hvac bag. i put my sealed system tools in it. other than that for me it was bad buy.

Post Likes
    I bought a Veto Tech LC today. Never going back to anything else. Love the zippered system, makes me feel comfortable with protecting my technical tools on one side (I keep a manometer, CO detector, and Fieldpiece HS36 in it, along with various diagnostic equipment. Other side is nearly all the tools needed for a service and furnace or A/C install.

I'd probably like to grab a small pouch for quick diagnostics, though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe RBVBD View Post
    I bought a Veto Tech LC today. Never going back to anything else. Love the zippered system, makes me feel comfortable with protecting my technical tools on one side (I keep a manometer, CO detector, and Fieldpiece HS36 in it, along with various diagnostic equipment. Other side is nearly all the tools needed for a service and furnace or A/C install.

I'd probably like to grab a small pouch for quick diagnostics, though.
    Veto MB

Post Likes
    Its time for me to look for a new bag. I have the veto ot lc but with me doing all three sides its running out of room. Im tempter to try the klien backpack. Issue ive always had with backpacks is the size it takes up when working out a of it in a cramped kitchen and it getting wet

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Veto MB
    That was actually what I was looking into. Glad to hear an recommendation.

Post Likes
    I think veto is coming with a backpack out soon.

Post Likes
    I have a veto tech lc, and I recently purchased a backpack and a bunch of new tools to fill it with. With the hot weather hitting I've been using it every day for the past couple weeks and I'm pretty happy so far. I just got those two yellow boxes for my electrical terminals and misc small parts, we'll see how long things stay organized.

Name:  210513163414.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  81.8 KB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in