Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

conduit some form of wireloom for compressor power line?

Just trying to get some things solved now that I found this helpful forum.

I have a bright orange power line coming from my break box that runs to my ac unit, its the only orange power line in the breaker box. All the other lines are inside a pvc? pipe coming out of the breaker box but the orange compressor line is not. It sticks out like a sore thumb in my kitchen and runs about 3 feet before it goes into the ceiling.
    Is there any way I can cover or hide this wire WITHOUT taking the line out of the breaker box, I'm not good at that stuff and don't really know how to do that stuff.

THanks in advance
    ryan

Quote Originally Posted by eliteconcept View Post
    Just trying to get some things solved now that I found this helpful forum.

I have a bright orange power line coming from my break box that runs to my ac unit, its the only orange power line in the breaker box. All the other lines are inside a pvc? pipe coming out of the breaker box but the orange compressor line is not. It sticks out like a sore thumb in my kitchen and runs about 3 feet before it goes into the ceiling.
    Is there any way I can cover or hide this wire WITHOUT taking the line out of the breaker box, I'm not good at that stuff and don't really know how to do that stuff.

THanks in advance
    ryan
    take a picture and post it if you can
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes

here is the line from the breaker box
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Call an Electrician out is your best bet!!

That orange line doesn't like it's up to code since it's exposed wiring in a living area. However the other conduit doesn't look like it's up to code either since it doesn't look connected to the breaker box and it doesn't completely go up into the ceiling.

I'd get an electrician out to do it right. I can't imagine it would be all that labor intensive.

P.S. is that conduit pipe even attached to anything?? It sure doesn't look like it.

the pipe from the breaker box is not attached to anything.

I assume this is also an issue where the line comes down from the ceiling in my utility room and snakes along the wall,floor to the outside wall where it is in conduit.

room a/c?
    just paint it for the moment --
    BUT, it is not right & you need an electrician to properly install this line so someone does not get electrocuted.
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

the power from breaker snakes along the floor/wall in the utility room. I am going to find someone to put conduit around it and fix the lines from the breaker box.

You have been hacked....

you have been hacked? what?

hacked = a term for poor quality workmanship. dan

yeah, take a look at the wall o' shame if u need further description...
    thats too bad someone took atvantage of you
    Last edited by tjcsf07; 02-26-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: im an idiot

orange wire looks like romax just sheild it with pvc you'll be ok if that is romax

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast