how to conceal lines going to outside compressor

how to conceal lines going to outside compressor

Hello all,
    I have some pvc drain pipe for my 93% eff furnace running outside and some other lines running to my compressor outside my home. Inside my home the pvc pipe and lines run along the base of my wall and the floor. This is a real eye sore. Is there any way I can cover these lines/wires/pipes to make it not look so bad?

any advise is welcomed.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Sure. Cover them however you'd like. Just make the cover so it is easily removeable in case they need checked on later. And do not allow them to be damaged, especially the refrigerant piping.

any thoughts on what I could use to cover the lines up. the copper piping, pvc and an electrical line are currently the ones that stick out the most.

i'd like to get them all in like one big pvc pipe but i can't be unhooking stuff, i'm not good at that kind of thing

any thoughts on what i could use instead to make them look better

Chase made of 1x6 along the bottom of the wall maybe?

We use these to cover refrigerant lines on Mitsubishi ductless split units.

http://www.mrslim.com/Products/Categ...tCategoryID=22
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

awesome that mitsubishi line hide looks like exactly what i want to do.
    what can i expect to pay for this stuff, per foot or whatever it sells by?

EDIT
    just looked around on the net and found that a 6ft stright peice of this is gonna cost about $80?
    ouch!, i was hoping for a cheaper solution, but this is the type of stuff i was looking for...not the price though

would some plastic gutters placed open face down on the lines work just as well..I read some posts saying that downspouts for gutters and seal, is basically the same thing..i guess that would work but the downspouts are all 1 peice though aren't they? maybe the gutter part itself laid on top of the line set cables would work?
    thanks
    Last edited by eliteconcept; 02-26-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Have a piece of sheetmetal bent in a u-channel shape. As wide as you need it, but only 1/2 inch high on the sides. Mount this piece behind the piping. Have another piece of paintble metal bent in a u-shape that will fit over your piping and fasten it to the other piece you mounted to the house. Use sheetmetal screws every 18 inches or so and paint it. Looks pretty good and easier that trying to stuff your piping down rain gutter pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteconcept View Post
    Is there any way I can cover these lines/wires/pipes to make it not look so bad?
    Build a wood box and put a nice finish on it.

[QUOTE=eliteconcept;1389556]
    just looked around on the net and found that a 6ft stright peice of this is gonna cost about $80?
    ouch!, i was hoping for a cheaper solution, but this is the type of stuff i was looking for...not the price though

It is a bit high priced, it looks nice and it isn't mickey mouse.

And to all those H.O's who think we rip them off, this is a perfect example of what we pay for supplys.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

Superman, I agree completely, we use the Slimduct as well and you think at about 25 feet of the stuff my quote is $350 more than the next guy's just in linehide. Sure makes it tough when the other guys lowballing. But that's why we explain these things that people just wouldn't know otherwise.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.