Condenser Startup / Shtudown Normal? Video inside

Hello all, I recently had a new system put in and was wondering if this is normal startup & shutdown for my condenser/compressor as it makes some odd noises compared to my last unit.

System info
    Carrier performance series 4 Ton single stage model # 24ACC648A0030010

Here is the video, let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks in advance- Jason

Sounds like a normal scroll to me. If you haven't had one before, you might not be used to the different noise.

Thanks for checking out the video, I just wanted to be sure its supposed to be clicking like that.

I have another question well rather trying to get some opinions on whether I should get the carrier edge thermostat that can control humidity levels. I have done a bit of reading on the thermostat and I think I understand how it works but on my particular system it sounds like it simply lowers the blower speed (low mid-low mid mid-high high) depending on how much humidity needs to be removed from the air. My system isn't able to adjust the speed to an exact amount just those listed from what I understand. So my questions is do you think its worth it to upgrade to the edge thermostat if all it does is lower/increase the blower speeds at only five speeds instead of an exact amount needed like the better systems can do.

Thanks for any responses.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjasondude View Post
    Thanks for checking out the video, I just wanted to be sure its supposed to be clicking like that.

I have another question well rather trying to get some opinions on whether I should get the carrier edge thermostat that can control humidity levels. I have done a bit of reading on the thermostat and I think I understand how it works but on my particular system it sounds like it simply lowers the blower speed (low mid-low mid mid-high high) depending on how much humidity needs to be removed from the air. My system isn't able to adjust the speed to an exact amount just those listed from what I understand. So my questions is do you think its worth it to upgrade to the edge thermostat if all it does is lower/increase the blower speeds at only five speeds instead of an exact amount needed like the better systems can do.

Thanks for any responses.
    In my opinion, when you have a single stage outdoor condenser, if the system is installed and charged correctly, it should remove the humidity just fine. I just don't like messing with blower speeds on a single stage a/c system, the mfg. designs them to run at so many cfm's per ton, for all around maximum performance, again this is just my opinion, others opinions may differ.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    In my opinion, when you have a single stage outdoor condenser, if the system is installed and charged correctly, it should remove the humidity just fine. I just don't like messing with blower speeds on a single stage a/c system, the mfg. designs them to run at so many cfm's per ton, for all around maximum performance, again this is just my opinion, others opinions may differ.
    that makes sense to me, thanks for the info. It sounds like it wouldn't really help much on my setup.

Thanks for the responses.