bacharach infomant 2 leak detector

has anyone used this and liked it? thinking about getting one-on sale right now. i like that it does propane and refrigerant, as i do hot side as well. on sale for 300.

No No No!

We have 3 techs that have them and they are worthless. 2 guys have replaced with TIF ZX models for refrigerant leaks. The 3rd bought a new sensor which worked briefly and then started going nuts.

I've got one that's 4 years old. It's the first detector to come out of the truck. Have replaced the refer sensor once, and have gone through a lot of batteries. I've experienced no problems. Wish I could say the same for the Dtek select, and the CPS. My H-10 is used to verify if the Bach. doesn't pick it up or does weird things. I wouldn't spend 3 bills on a new one however,,,,,,,,,
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

It seems like i have used or purchased every leak detector there is at one time or another. The H-10 is simply superior to them all. IMHO. I purchased mine slightly used on Ebay for about what your looking to spend.

RE: H-10 leak detector.

do you use corded or battery powered?
    compressors never die; they're always murdered!

Quote Originally Posted by Spide View Post
    RE: H-10 leak detector.

do you use corded or battery powered?
    I have the corded model. I here that the battery operated ones work well too, however; I have never used one.

I used an H 10 pm battery Loved it. had it side by side with a DTEK and it lead me straight to the source and the DTEC guy was amazed. It is spendy but it is the Best. hands down. this was supermarket refrigeration mind you.

Mine's a rechargeable, battery type.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

how about the bacharach 2 though. Like i said, i do hot side as well, and like the dual purpose feature

used mine for a propane leak yesterday, and a 134 leak today. I like mine. It does use a few batteries, but at least I don't have to remember to pull it out of the van and charge it.