Arrest In NYS Safe Act

http://www.news10.com/story/22236238...in-new-lebanon

Troopers make SAFE Act arrest in New Lebanon
    Posted: May 13, 2013 12:37 PM CDT Updated: May 14, 2013 12:19 PM CDT

NEW LEBANON, N.Y. - A man has been charged under the New York State SAFE Act after troopers found he had a handgun in his car with the loaded magazine containing nine rounds of ammunition, rather than the limit of seven rounds.

State Police issued a traffic stop for 31-year-old Gregory Dean of Hopewell Junction on Route 22 in New Lebanon Sunday night for an inadequate license plate lamp.

While interviewing Dean, troopers observed a handgun on the front passenger seat that was partially covered by a sweatshirt. Investigation revealed a Smith and Wesson semi-automatic .40 caliber handgun was legally possessed, but police say it was revealed that the loaded magazine contained nine rounds of ammunition, rather than the limit of seven rounds, as required by the SAFE Act.

Dean was also found to be driving with a suspended license.

Dean tells the NEWS CENTER he was the one who alerted troopers to the loaded gun, and "having too many bullets in magazine was an honest mistake."

He says he "does not watch the news and was unaware of the new law." He also wanted to thank those who supported him after his arrest.

He was charged with Unlawful Possession of Certain Ammunition Feeding Devices and Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle 3rd Degree, both misdemeanors.

Unfair law....... but life aint fair.....

Id throw the book at him. Make an example out of his shiftless and lazy yankee bee hind.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    http://www.news10.com/story/22236238...in-new-lebanon

Troopers make SAFE Act arrest in New Lebanon
    Posted: May 13, 2013 12:37 PM CDT Updated: May 14, 2013 12:19 PM CDT

NEW LEBANON, N.Y. - A man has been charged under the New York State SAFE Act after troopers found he had a handgun in his car with the loaded magazine containing nine rounds of ammunition, rather than the limit of seven rounds.

State Police issued a traffic stop for 31-year-old Gregory Dean of Hopewell Junction on Route 22 in New Lebanon Sunday night for an inadequate license plate lamp.

While interviewing Dean, troopers observed a handgun on the front passenger seat that was partially covered by a sweatshirt. Investigation revealed a Smith and Wesson semi-automatic .40 caliber handgun was legally possessed, but police say it was revealed that the loaded magazine contained nine rounds of ammunition, rather than the limit of seven rounds, as required by the SAFE Act.

Dean was also found to be driving with a suspended license.

Dean tells the NEWS CENTER he was the one who alerted troopers to the loaded gun, and "having too many bullets in magazine was an honest mistake."

He says he "does not watch the news and was unaware of the new law." He also wanted to thank those who supported him after his arrest.

He was charged with Unlawful Possession of Certain Ammunition Feeding Devices and Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle 3rd Degree, both misdemeanors.

There are a few other arrests for "non-compliance" of the Un-Safe act. Technically, according to the Safe Act he should have a received a warning letter which gives him 30 days to comply. But this is Nazi York, the SS doesn't actually follow the rules anymore.

Everyone in NYS is a felon, you just have been caught----yet
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Is there really a law on the books "inadequate license plate lamp?" Sounds to me like something made up just to give a probable cause to dig for something more substantial. Looked like it worked this time too.
    For sure this guy isn't the brightest crayon in the box. He shoulda never been behind wheel in the first place, now he's gotta pay the piper.

Is there really a law on the books "inadequate license plate lamp?" Sounds to me like something made up just to give a probable cause to dig for something more substantial. Looked like it worked this time too.
    For sure this guy isn't the brightest crayon in the box. He shoulda never been behind wheel in the first place, now he's gotta pay the piper.
    yep, I got stopped once for "inadequate license plate lamp?", my license plate lamp was out so I got pulled over, turns out my registration was expired, the nice officer said, "oh I think we'll let the license plate light go, and give you a ticket for no registration." How nice!!!

My lawyer always says, "if your going out drinking, make damn sure every single light on your vehicle works." AND never leave ANYTHING in the open that an officer can see. Like this knuckle head did. Don't leave anything on the seat/floor/dash that is visible from outside the car. If this guy had his weapon concealed like he should have, he would have received a minor traffic ticket, that would have got tossed as long as he had the light repaired with 72 hours and this would be a non-issue. freaking idiot.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    yep, I got stopped once for "inadequate license plate lamp?", my license plate lamp was out so I got pulled over, turns out my registration was expired, the nice officer said, "oh I think we'll let the license plate light go, and give you a ticket for no registration." How nice!!!

My lawyer always says, "if your going out drinking, make damn sure every single light on your vehicle works." AND never leave ANYTHING in the open that an officer can see. Like this knuckle head did. Don't leave anything on the seat/floor/dash that is visible from outside the car. If this guy had his weapon concealed like he should have, he would have received a minor traffic ticket, that would have got tossed as long as he had the light repaired with 72 hours and this would be a non-issue. freaking idiot.
    The way it's written, "inadequate license plate lamp", I thought it meant the light wasn't enough lumen's.
    We had a sheriff years ago that would do traffic stops saying the license plate lights weren't bright enough. Needless to say, the feds eventually booted him out of office. The same group, also would do stops if you had a bumper sticker for a rock radio station here in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

99% this happened on the Taconic State Parkway. Not only do the troopers patrol it every local town that has a police department patrols it. Years ago had a new car that had xenon lights, which had just come out. Got stopped on the Taconic for having my brights on. Told the officer that I didn't, he didn't believe me and told me to turn on the brights when he told me to. He walked up to the front of the car bent over to look directly into the light and told me to turn the brights on. When I did he almost fell over. Man, was it hard not to laugh at this moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    99% this happened on the Taconic State Parkway. Not only do the troopers patrol it every local town that has a police department patrols it. Years ago had a new car that had xenon lights, which had just come out. Got stopped on the Taconic for having my brights on. Told the officer that I didn't, he didn't believe me and told me to turn on the brights when he told me to. He walked up to the front of the car bent over to look directly into the light and told me to turn the brights on. When I did he almost fell over. Man, was it hard not to laugh at this moron.
    The way it's written, "inadequate license plate lamp", I thought it meant the light wasn't enough lumen's.
    We had a sheriff years ago that would do traffic stops saying the license plate lights weren't bright enough. Needless to say, the feds eventually booted him out of office. The same group, also would do stops if you had a bumper sticker for a rock radio station here in town.
    this is exactly why we, as citizens must know our rights. The police are NOT your friend when it comes to traffic stops. Most random traffic stops are "fishing" expeditions. You (we) need to know what the cops can get away with and when to tell then to go away.
    The Last four letters

any questions