advice on new A/C - Trane or Tempstar?

Cool advice on new A/C - Trane or Tempstar?

My quotes on the Trane and the Tempstar are almost identical. It would be the Trane XR13 or a Tempstar (no model on the quote but it is a 13 SEER) and both are 4 ton units. Both HVAC companies have a good rep. The Trane would come with 2 years on labor and the Tempstar with one year on labor. I've been leaning towards the Trane since the name is more known - and we thought that might have some significance since we want to move (downsize) in the near future. We have to get a new unit because our 1988 Lennox is leaking fast now. The charge we had last July is gone. We want to keep our very reliable Lennox Pulse furnace - so we need to stay with the 13 SEER on the A/C. Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

Find out T* model number. There's quite a difference on features, sound and price between the builder and deluxe units.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Get rid of the pulse. Other than that you answered your own question.
    Trying not to be a Hack.

If I were planning to move in the next few years... and I wanted to sell my home easily... I would put in a whole new system with economy (not builder) equipment.

One gets a whole new system with a 10 yr warranty on parts... this will help the sale of the home. AND... why not enjoy the upgraded system now...

Either brand will work... however IMO the installation is more important than the equipment. Choose a quality contractor rather than assuming they all do the same work.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    If I were planning to move in the next few years... and I wanted to sell my home easily... I would put in a whole new system with economy (not builder) equipment.

One gets a whole new system with a 10 yr warranty on parts... this will help the sale of the home. AND... why not enjoy the upgraded system now...

Either brand will work... however IMO the installation is more important than the equipment. Choose a quality contractor rather than assuming they all do the same work.
    Agreed!!! While I'm a Trane dealer the install can make or break any system. Do your homework and see how does a load cal. And know that the system they will install will
    Give you what you are looking for.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-15-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

pitted

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.