Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Check this out
    GOOGLE 'mo99 ycas'
    Should bring up a 22 to mo99 chiller conversion case history of a york chiller conversion.

Post Likes
    to update this thread, any news on flooded R22 systems? I know Copeland approved R407C carrier has a few listings on Mo99 in studies where carrier factory did the work. I recently did a 22 to 407C conversion so far so good on a 06E compressor carrier system.
    “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau

It's sad that we have become so accustomed to bad service that we're shocked when we get good service.
    Neil Cavuto

Post Likes
    Did you change the oil from RL32H to RL68H?

Post Likes
    For DX use R407c and change the oil
    For flooded systems use R134a and change the oil
    The thing with R422d and other drop ins is poor oil return. However, if you have high mass flow rate (it runs on high load a lot) with the short piping of a chiller they can work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiller Man View Post
    For DX use R407c and change the oil
    For flooded systems use R134a and change the oil
    The thing with R422d and other drop ins is poor oil return. However, if you have high mass flow rate (it runs on high load a lot) with the short piping of a chiller they can work.
    Thats been my experience with the so called "drop in", there arent any r22 drop in replacement as far as I know.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    I've used 422d in some 10 and 15 ton process chillers, but I can really notice a loss of capacity.

Post Likes
    As for flooded evaporator systems with reciprocating or screw compressors the best refrigerant for retrofit (as long as it isn't a low temp application) is R-424b. It has very similar COP to that of R-22 and has a glide of around 4 degrees. It also has the lowest GWP rating of any R-22 retrofit gas. We have had great success with this refrigerant and it is a easy retrofit. Simply remove the R-22, hook up a vacuum pump, pull into a deep vac of 500 microns or better and charge back 90% of the original charge the add refrigerant to set your super heat. It is compatible with all oils so no oil change is required. If you have a centrifigal compressor there is no refrigerant at this time that can retrofit that system, it is being looked at though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruceatdws View Post
    As for flooded evaporator systems with reciprocating or screw compressors the best refrigerant for retrofit (as long as it isn't a low temp application) is R-424b. It has very similar COP .
    r-424b? are you dealing it from your basement?
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    I see your a union member, I teach for the Mechanical Trades of the Carolina's and put on classes is 5 cities in the Carolina's and have done so for the last 5 years. My experience, 25 years, with refrigerant and only refrigerant is a valuable asset for the men and women working in your field. I work hard to bring the latest information on refrigerants to the people I teach especially with all the R-22 replacement refrigerants coming out in the market place today. If you look in my information you will see a web-site for my company. You may find some information that might help you in the future. As for the "basement" thing, we have a brick and mortar establishment. We also work with OEM's on a regular basis. My recommendation was based on the experience we have with retrofits already running in the field. These vary from my home 2 ton condensing unit to 80,000 lb. process systems. We know it works because we have pre-retrofit engineering studies to establish the functionality and suitability of the refrigerant retrofit. These studies are reviewed not only by our staff but the engineering staff at the facilities where the work is performed to make sure the retrofit is successful. In addition we complete the retrofit with a post retrofit engineering study to confirm our projected results. We take this work very seriously, it is not a guessing game when working with process systems. We will help those looking for information in any way we can because of the importance we put upon making sure technicians have the best information possible.

10. Likes skwoodwiva2 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruceatdws View Post
    I see your a union member, I teach for the Mechanical Trades of the Carolina's and put on classes is 5 cities in the Carolina's and have done so for the last 5 years. My experience, 25 years, with refrigerant and only refrigerant is a valuable asset for the men and women working in your field. I work hard to bring the latest information on refrigerants to the people I teach especially with all the R-22 replacement refrigerants coming out in the market place today. If you look in my information you will see a web-site for my company. You may find some information that might help you in the future. As for the "basement" thing, we have a brick and mortar establishment. We also work with OEM's on a regular basis. My recommendation was based on the experience we have with retrofits already running in the field. These vary from my home 2 ton condensing unit to 80,000 lb. process systems. We know it works because we have pre-retrofit engineering studies to establish the functionality and suitability of the refrigerant retrofit. These studies are reviewed not only by our staff but the engineering staff at the facilities where the work is performed to make sure the retrofit is successful. In addition we complete the retrofit with a post retrofit engineering study to confirm our projected results. We take this work very seriously, it is not a guessing game when working with process systems. We will help those looking for information in any way we can because of the importance we put upon making sure technicians have the best information possible.
    This whole thing comes across like another of many many sales pitch. why dont you post the pressure-enthalpy chart and the blend components for us to judge the quality of the product you are pitching.

Post Likes
    http://americas.forane.com/export/si...ture-chart.pdf
    R427a is the best option.
    I feel MO99 doesn't mix with the oil properly.
    I have used M099 alot. I don't like it. I feel that it even contributed to compressor failure. On a carrier chiller that I retrofitted and added oil.
    Lonworks! BACnet

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ace57745 View Post
    http://americas.forane.com/export/si...ture-chart.pdf
    R427a is the best option.
    I feel MO99 doesn't mix with the oil properly.
    I have used M099 alot. I don't like it. I feel that it even contributed to compressor failure. On a carrier chiller that I retrofitted and added oil.
    Are you a refrigerants salesman?

Post Likes
    No vlad you no I am not a salesman. Its never good to be hostile to your customers. Try using R427a vlad. You can but it at Johnstone. It works good.
    Lonworks! BACnet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast