Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SMAN 4 issues

Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    For sure, I get that. But how high would that pressure get? At 140 deg F, R410A is at 537 psi. This manifold is rated up to 580. On a hot summer day, if I left my gauges in my truck for a while, I don't think it would be any hotter than 140deg.
    Your thinking in terms of saturated pressure.
    If you have a sealed container full of liquid, like a refrigerant hose, without enough free volume to accommodate the increase in liquid volume when it warms up, you start dealing with hydrostatic pressure, which can run into the thousands of psi, and has the potential but burst your 4k psi "burst pressure" rated hoses.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

R22- walk in cooler with 2 evaps. It's a produce company that I just started doing work for. Found both TXVs wide open to prevent frost up, don't know why the last guy thought that was a good idea. Anyways, I bought those gauges to dial in these valves correctly and for the wireless feature they have. These coolers are 24 ft high, and the condenser sit on top, pain in the ass to climb down the ladder, walk through 3 other coolers to then climb another ladder to get to the condenser. They worked awesome for a bit then they just stop reading on the high side. Also, the sman 4 doesn't sync up well when your in a cooler. Bummer.
    That is a bummer
    Thanks for going first
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    FP has awesome customer service and they will replace your sman4's as many times as you wish without any complaint at all.
    Called twice today, no return call. I don't want to say anything bad about them because I like the gear they sell. However, I did just drop some money on that manifold.

Ask to speak with Russel directly. Let him know your call was not returned. He will do all in his power to rectify the situation ( from what I have seen on the forum). If not, give someone else your money. Hope everything works out for you.

Called twice today, no return call. I don't want to say anything bad about them because I like the gear they sell. However, I did just drop some money on that manifold.
    That's unusual. A friend told me they have been short handed and swamped with spring here. Keep trying to get through.

That is strange that you weren't able to get through. We are definitely very busy and a little shorthanded but we will get you taken care of. If you can't get through today, PM me or Russ with your number and we will call you.

Picked up my sman4 today put batteries in it, no hoses. Showed a low side temp of 100 f nothing on the hi side. Haven't really done anything with it yet but is this normal ?

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    Just got my SMAN4 last week. Love it so far. Waiting for my wireless adapters to come in.

Ok what wireless adapters, thought all you had to do was sync it. Still wondering about the temp thing it wasn't any where near 100* I guess today I will get to play with it. I always have the Testo
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcajun View Post
    Just got my SMAN4 last week. Love it so far. Waiting for my wireless adapters to come in.

French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Ok what wireless adapters, thought all you had to do was sync it. Still wondering about the temp thing it wasn't any where near 100* I guess today I will get to play with it. I always have the Testo
    The temp head and the in duct pcyclometer plug into a wireless unit to send the signal to the SMAM4.

Oh like the HG3 and the SPD2, got that. Haven't used any of it yet. To cold and this damn rain is dampining my spirit.
    You must be getting other stuff. I will have to try to calibrate the sman today. I just hope I didn't get a bad one. The set up on the Testo was easy, don't know why this should be any harder. I have just 1 call today and I am going to try to use the sman.
    The temp head and the in duct pcyclometer plug into a wireless unit to send the signal to the SMAM4.

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    R U on the sh sc screen and not the t1 t2 screen?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Right I get you now. I have the SPD2, everyone raves about it. I can hardly wait till it gets abobe 70* here in Maine to try it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast