Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CIA in Benghazi Providing Used Libyan Arms for Syrian Rebels?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/0...ia-arms-trade/

This possibility has been in the news before, but today is the first time I heard about it.

From Jan 2013:
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/form...enghazi-cia-no

From Nov 2012:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/us-se...roblem-2012-11
    Last edited by Space Racer; 05-12-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Could be... thats one of the CIAs main jobs.... arming rebels in secret to take down governments that the US doesnt like but cannot openly do anything about it.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I told about this Benghazi thing being an arms running operation way back. Let me see if I can find it.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Better using them up against the (Russian backed) Syrian government than have them floating around in Libya.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Better using them up against the (Russian backed) Syrian government than have them floating around in Libya.
    Funny maybe the Russians are "comparatively" speaking supporting the good guys now. I mean like Al Quadea and radical Muslims are in the rebellion. The Christians in Syria are fighting are fighting with the Syrian government out of necessity because the rebels will destroy them if they win.

This IMHO is another Iran, Afghan (when we armed the rebels fighting the Russians), Iraq, Egypt or Libya in the making here if the rebels win. Another victory for radical Islam and defeat for the West. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny maybe the Russians are "comparatively" speaking supporting the good guys now. I mean like Al Quadea and radical Muslims are in the rebellion. The Christians in Syria are fighting are fighting with the Syrian government out of necessity because the rebels will destroy them if they win.

This IMHO is another Iran, Afghan (when we armed the rebels fighting the Russians), Iraq, Egypt or Libya in the making here if the rebels win. Another victory for radical Islam and defeat for the West. Thank you, thank you very much
    Actually the general population started to rise up and they only had light weapons to use against a well equipped army. The UN, including the U.S. wanted to put a stop to weapons going into the area but Russia vetoed it and kept sending supplies to the government. Now Glenn, if you were fighting to take back your country, if the world did not help you in supplying you with arms, heck even allowing you to buy them yourself, would you not accept the help of a devil you know that you will have to deal with later or just accept defeat right now? In helping them the Islamist have converted many and may win out, this is a power struggle and if you have no chips in the game you sure will not win.

I think you are wrong about the Christians fighting with the government. The Christians decided not pick to sides in the fight and as the popular saying went, 'You are either with us or against us.' So with not fighting the government they were seen as being against change and for the government.

Syrian Christians are integral to Syria’s national fabric. Along with other Syrians, they took part in the national revolutions and uprisings against the colonial invaders. They were the pioneers of freedom and democracy in the region. They played a fundamental role in establishing many political parties as well as national, social and human rights organizations. Because of this, the Christians can only be on the side of change and the popular movement that is seeking to end tyranny and transition Syria to a civil democratic state.

But today, Syrian Christians are being reproached for not actively participating in the March 2011 popular protests against an authoritarian regime and for not fighting alongside the armed opposition — as was expected of them.

This Christian “hesitation” has prompted some Christian opposition elites to form political organizations aimed at nudging the Christians into supporting the revolutionaries and fill the political void that the Christians may find themselves in amid the sectarian and ethnic divisions in Syria.

It is true that since the start of the protest movement the regime played the sectarian card and strove to amplify the minorities’ apprehensions about what would follow the regime and the possibility of sectarian strife in order to drive the Christians to the regime’s side, or at least neutralize them in its battle against its opponents. But it is also true that there are objective grounds for the minorities’ fears about where the crisis is heading. The Christians’ are afraid by the rise of militant Islamic groups, such as the al-Qaeda-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra and other extremist Islamic organizations that seek to establish an “Islamic caliphate” in Syria.
    http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/cult...-of-state.html
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Actually the general population started to rise up and they only had light weapons to use against a well equipped army. The UN, including the U.S. wanted to put a stop to weapons going into the area but Russia vetoed it and kept sending supplies to the government. Now Glenn, if you were fighting to take back your country, if the world did not help you in supplying you with arms, heck even allowing you to buy them yourself, would you not accept the help of a devil you know that you will have to deal with later or just accept defeat right now? In helping them the Islamist have converted many and may win out, this is a power struggle and if you have no chips in the game you sure will not win.

I think you are wrong about the Christians fighting with the government. The Christians decided not pick to sides in the fight and as the popular saying went, 'You are either with us or against us.' So with not fighting the government they were seen as being against change and for the government.

Funny printer, you need to read your own link above. Christians are big trouble if the rebels taking over. They are not armed and don't have a militia and make up 10% of the population. Several of their Bishops have been kidnapped and or killed by the rebels along with many preists. They are different Orthodox sects all in deep danger. Every link you go to tells the sad story of what is epected to happen if the rebels win. Gees. Check out these also. Surly you don't wish this on them. Thank you, thank you very much

http://supportsyrianchristians.wordp...-muslim-world/

http://www.ibtimes.com/assads-unlike...or-why-1205445
    Among those minority communities are Syrian Christians, both in the U.S. and in Syria, who have expressed a fervent hope that their group, now numbering less than 35,000 in Syria, might continue to live in peace under Assad. Theirs is a fight for survival, not necessarily a political maneuver. “Under his government, Christians have been free to worship and live their lives,” said the Rev. Thomas Zain, an American-born Syrian Christian, who currently serves as archpriest and dean of the St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Cathedral in Brooklyn, N.Y. “We’re afraid of what might come.”

Both Zain and the Most Rev. Cyril Aphrem Karim, the archbishop of the Syrian Orthodox Church for the Eastern U.S., pointed to what has happened to the Christian communities in Iraq, Egypt and Libya since those countries’ respective strongmen fell. The Iraqi Christian community has all but fled, while Coptic Christians in Egypt have been the target of violent attacks. “If this regime is toppled, our people will suffer tremendously,” said Karim, adding that if the West really wanted Assad gone, it could have taken care of that “a long time ago.”
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny printer, you need to read your own link above. Christians are big trouble if the rebels taking over. They are not armed and don't have a militia and make up 10% of the population. Several of their Bishops have been kidnapped and or killed by the rebels along with many preists. They are different Orthodox sects all in deep danger. Every link you go to tells the sad story of what is epected to happen if the rebels win. Gees. Check out these also. Surly you don't wish this on them. Thank you, thank you very much

http://supportsyrianchristians.wordp...-muslim-world/

http://www.ibtimes.com/assads-unlike...or-why-1205445
    Among those minority communities are Syrian Christians, both in the U.S. and in Syria, who have expressed a fervent hope that their group, now numbering less than 35,000 in Syria, might continue to live in peace under Assad. Theirs is a fight for survival, not necessarily a political maneuver. “Under his government, Christians have been free to worship and live their lives,” said the Rev. Thomas Zain, an American-born Syrian Christian, who currently serves as archpriest and dean of the St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Cathedral in Brooklyn, N.Y. “We’re afraid of what might come.”

Both Zain and the Most Rev. Cyril Aphrem Karim, the archbishop of the Syrian Orthodox Church for the Eastern U.S., pointed to what has happened to the Christian communities in Iraq, Egypt and Libya since those countries’ respective strongmen fell. The Iraqi Christian community has all but fled, while Coptic Christians in Egypt have been the target of violent attacks. “If this regime is toppled, our people will suffer tremendously,” said Karim, adding that if the West really wanted Assad gone, it could have taken care of that “a long time ago.”
    And you did not catch in my post that the Christians deciding to be on the sidelines put them in the league of the government, namely they wanted the status quo? The beginning of the article even says that in the past they helped shape the world they lived in and now they are sitting back hoping for the mercy of whoever comes out on top? Doesn't seem like a very responsible thing to do. This has been going on for two years, why are they not armed? What are they doing, putting their faith in God? As it says, Iraq is a good example for them to learn from, seems they are not willing to take the lesson. The people that paid in blood will be the ones that get to decide what their little piece of the world will look like when the dust settles. I doubt their pleas that they are peaceful will not get them much sympathy given everyone else would have lost sons, fathers, brothers. You should be aware of that.

And you did not catch in my post that the Christians deciding to be on the sidelines put them in the league of the government, namely they wanted the status quo? The beginning of the article even says that in the past they helped shape the world they lived in and now they are sitting back hoping for the mercy of whoever comes out on top? Doesn't seem like a very responsible thing to do. This has been going on for two years, why are they not armed? What are they doing, putting their faith in God? As it says, Iraq is a good example for them to learn from, seems they are not willing to take the lesson. The people that paid in blood will be the ones that get to decide what their little piece of the world will look like when the dust settles. I doubt their pleas that they are peaceful will not get them much sympathy given everyone else would have lost sons, fathers, brothers. You should be aware of that.
    Well perhaps they saw what happen to the Coptic Christians in Egypt when they all joined in immediately in demonstrating and then fighting the government demanding "Democracy".

Sure they were repaid kindly by their fellow Muslim allies for their efforts and are being slaughtered now. They lost all their government jobs, churches burned villages attacked and Christians murdered with the Army and police standing by and no prosecutions. The Christians in Egypt have no place to go in a Muslim "democracy" printer.

The Christians in Egypt saw all this and aren't as naive or stupid as apparent'y some governments in West are. Has Canada, the US or Europe gone to the aid of Christians in Egypt? Why do you think we should aid in this future slaughter of 10% of Syria's population?

Funny you mention Iraq a former secular Muslim country where only the Iranian backed Shiites were happy we overthrew the government and everybody is being killed with Christians at the top of the list. Both the Sunnis and the Shiites taking part. Yeah just great printer. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Boykin stated he could not prove for sure that Stevens was dirty and the mission was not approved.

Buisness insider has said the same thing.

Iran Contra all over again. And it was election time too.
    FEN

Funny I guess it's politically correct nowadays to back "democracy" movements in Muslim countries so the Muslims can overthrow their government and then slaughter the Infidel minorities especially the Christians as in Iran, Iraq, Egypt and now Syria. Very PC and pro Islam. I'm sure the "Infidels" can understand. Thank you, thank you very much

Remember the novel '1984'... There was an endless war... and most folks did not know who 'we' were fighting and/or why... an few cared.

Sound familiar?

Wonder how many other things in that book are 'familiar' today...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Remember the novel '1984'... There was an endless war... and most folks did not know who 'we' were fighting and/or why... an few cared.

Sound familiar?

Wonder how many other things in that book are 'familiar' today...
    That's so true John but the way I see it we should at least support the side that is in the best interest of humanity, civilization, innocent civilians and ourselves which we haven't done for a long time starting back with Iraq when Carter stabbed the Shah in the back and put the Ayatollah in charge (around a hundred thousand perished in the cleansing blood bath that follow in Iraq). That gave a big boost to modern radical Islam and we have been backing the wrong side ever since. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast