Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I believe you are right G. The only problem with getting involved is that most folks including me are tired at the end of the day from chasing the once mighty dollar.
    I literally do not have the time. Between working, cooking, shopping, doctors appointments, home upkeep, kids and homework...there is not enough time in the day or enough energy left in either the wife and I combined to become local activists.

Its very frustrating to say the least.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

term limits...

oswald and booth may have been on to something..
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Yeah... however nobody I know is willing to 'enforce' term limits as noted above... <grin>

Problem with not getting involved is... OUR lives are affected if we do not.

If one joins a few organizations in their local area... they will find a way to be involved at the level they can be. My area of involvement is associated with the 2nd amendment.... I support a few orgs in my area and went to a few rallies in front of the GA State govt building back in the winter. Seems there was a 'secret'... it got out... law proposed to make elected officials exempt from most restrictions on CCW... We put a stop to that. Laws are for everyone EQUALLY...

Cool, you would have enjoyed that rally... something like 10K folks standing in front of the Gold Dome (capital building)... and many of them were open carrying such cool things like AR-15's, AK-47's, lots of 1911's, even one guy had a Desert Eagle (WOW) etc... (the folks I talked to, they were not loaded... however a few folks had ammo in their pocket). Rally was peaceful and professional... the point was made and the polecats backed off their 'special interest' game. Job done.

Many of the founders of our great (used to be great) country risked their lives and families... and some of them paid with loss of family, freedom, and some their lives.
    Get involved... or we will all be sorry.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

If you had term limits that just means the politician just has to get his payout much faster and will have less time to spend on the voter's interest. I don't think term limits is the answer. Changing the rules does not change the caliber of player. It is the quality of candidates that seems to be an issue. Not sure what you can do about that.

Brother has a Desert Eagle, I find it funny when it is used in the movies the actors whip it around like it is made of plastic and weighs nothing. I particularly remember some scrawny actress holding it at arms length and shaking it at people. So much for realism.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Been mulling this over for the last while, even if you had term limits to get elected you pretty much have to be a hack for either party. And you would be waiting in the wings till it is your turn at the trough. I think it is the political party's structure that might be the problem rather than the length of time in office. If you play by the big boy's rules you get to be one.

We had a little sweetheart in our Personal department at work. One time she sided with the union on an issue. A week afterwards she was terminated. Sends a signal doesn't it.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123