United Technologies CEO Compensation

David George, UTC CEO 2006 compensation was reported at 23.3 million dollars. Now you know why Carrier had so many price increases!!!! According to top management, keep selling boys; price is not that important to the end user! Yeah, & i'm the Pope!!!!!!
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.

How does anyone survive on such a meager salary?
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

CEO Compensation

To hear the big wigs at Carrier; they say the dealers are making all the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you move your production facility from the U.S. to Mexico AND raise your prices 3 times a year................................

But remember...

He has to work really hard.......
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Quoted from Business Week:
    United Technologies Corp. Chief Executive George David, who led the company through a six-week strike at subsidiary Sikorsky Aircraft while recording strong overall profits, was awarded $23.3 million in total compensation last year, according to a company proxy filed Friday.

David, chief executive since 1994 of the corporate parent of Sikorsky, jet engine manufacturer Pratt & Whitney, Hamilton Sundstrand, Otis elevator, Carrier and other businesses, received a base salary of nearly $1.8 million in 2006, $3.8 million in a cash bonus and $3 million from a long-term incentive plan.

He also received stock or option awards at the beginning of 2006 that had a value of $13.8 million when they were issued, according to a table in the proxy.

I guess when you run a multi-national company doing tens of billions in business a year the average person doesn't think that you deserve to get compensated for how well your guidance is affecting the company's profitability.

If you missed the massive increases in the costs of steel, copper and crude oil based products you probably wouldn't appreciate the fact that over the same year the average price increases of a furnace has only gone up 10-15%.

The owner or CEO of any sized company should be paid according to the profits of the business. Everyone should be paid according to their experience, qualifications, dedication and longevity and the overall profit of the business they're working for. If you find yourself in a job that isn't paying you for these I would suggest you look for another job.

I was in business for 15 years and never once felt bad about taking my share from the profits of the business while taking the rest of the profits and divided them up between bonuses to the workers and improvements and additions to the business so I could make MORE money the next year.

If they want to pay Mr. David a billion dollars a year, I don't care, as long as the division that we buy our furnaces from continues to make the best product possible and continues to lead the industry in inovations and customer satisfaction.

I'll get off my soapbox now and think about how glad I am that UT makes the best equipment available and that I am so lucky to work in an industry where people that work for Mr. David continually give me new and exciting things to sell and install for our customers to help make them as comfortable as humanly possible and save them money from year to year at the same time.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

CEO Compensation

Ain't nobody worth 23.3 million a year. Corporate greed at its best. Heck, I don't want a job. I took my money & retired.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    United Technologies Corp. Chief Executive George David, who led the company through a six-week strike at subsidiary Sikorsky Aircraft while recording strong overall profits, was awarded $23.3 million in total compensation last year, according to a company proxy filed Friday.

David, chief executive since 1994 of the corporate parent of Sikorsky, jet engine manufacturer Pratt & Whitney, Hamilton Sundstrand, Otis elevator, Carrier and other businesses, received a base salary of nearly $1.8 million in 2006, $3.8 million in a cash bonus and $3 million from a long-term incentive plan.

He also received stock or option awards at the beginning of 2006 that had a value of $13.8 million when they were issued, according to a table in the proxy.

Compared to other CEO's, he ain't getting paid near enough. He is the one who should be going on strike
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Originally posted by mr big
    Ain't nobody worth 23.3 million a year.
    Why not? Are you a communist?
    One of the great things about our nation is that there's nothing to stop you from making as much money as humanly possible, as long as you're doing it leaglly.

CEO Compensation

Not a communist, but do not like corporate "hogs" who screw their workforce everyday. Better check your spelling on legally!

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post

I guess when you run a multi-national company doing tens of billions in business a year the average person doesn't think that you deserve to get compensated for how well your guidance is affecting the company's profitability.

If you missed the massive increases in the costs of steel, copper and crude oil based products you probably wouldn't appreciate the fact that over the same year the average price increases of a furnace has only gone up 10-15%.

The owner or CEO of any sized company should be paid according to the profits of the business. Everyone should be paid according to their experience, qualifications, dedication and longevity and the overall profit of the business they're working for. If you find yourself in a job that isn't paying you for these I would suggest you look for another job.

I was in business for 15 years and never once felt bad about taking my share from the profits of the business while taking the rest of the profits and divided them up between bonuses to the workers and improvements and additions to the business so I could make MORE money the next year.

If they want to pay Mr. David a billion dollars a year, I don't care, as long as the division that we buy our furnaces from continues to make the best product possible and continues to lead the industry in inovations and customer satisfaction.

I'll get off my soapbox now and think about how glad I am that UT makes the best equipment available and that I am so lucky to work in an industry where people that work for Mr. David continually give me new and exciting things to sell and install for our customers to help make them as comfortable as humanly possible and save them money from year to year at the same time.
    Good post, firecontrol, & very articulate. Appears as if we have a few Commies as members of this forum. That's too bad. I guess we need to remind them of how they feel about getting paid what they're worth next time they mention that they're going to raise their co.'s prices!
    WHY?