Hybrid View

Trane remote zone sensors

Been working at a new place with trane voyagers, mostly YCH300B4HOHB models. First time I've come across this...all the units use BAYSENS017B remote zone sensor. The two wires from the remote sensor connects to an ajustable zone sensor module (BAYSENS008B) in the roof top's electrical compartment. This has been the facility's way of keeping employees from tampering with the setpoints...dumb, I know.

I've been told that the outdoor adjustable zone sensor has to have a resistor or something, that has to be cut so that the two zones sensors don't fight each other, and only read the remote sensor's zone temp.

Has anyone else seen or heard of such a setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Echo View Post
    Been working at a new place with trane voyagers, mostly YCH300B4HOHB models. First time I've come across this...all the units use BAYSENS017B remote zone sensor. The two wires from the remote sensor connects to an ajustable zone sensor module (BAYSENS008B) in the roof top's electrical compartment. This has been the facility's way of keeping employees from tampering with the setpoints...dumb, I know.

I've been told that the outdoor adjustable zone sensor has to have a resistor or something, that has to be cut so that the two zones sensors don't fight each other, and only read the remote sensor's zone temp.

Has anyone else seen or heard of such a setup?
    So, if both sensors are fighting each other would that cause an issue like I have with my 10 ton voyager where, when both sensors have the fan on setting, either one will complete the cooling or heating cycle and doing so, turns off the fan. About 10-15 seconds later, the fan turns back on like it should.

I'm trying to figure out the installation at my work since we're having a fair amount of problems that the tech's that have been called are not fixing.