Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UEI AK900SC

Awesome! Glad to see DC get more exposure!

My local carrier supplier has these. Am I just better off grabbing them in store there, with clamps? Instead of ordering, waiting and purchasing clamps separately?

I believe all the UEI AK900SC come with the clamps.

The question was the uei ones, with clamps vs the original ones that come with Velcro wrap probes, and the hole thing can not just be grabbed off a local shelf.

I got the uei digicools with clamps off a local shelf this past week though. I've seen other people mention not being able to post prices, so I won't say what I paid. but I did not pay $125 more then the online price. Closer to $25 more. Yet I have one set of temperature probes as opposed to two different types and the versatility that comes with that.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    I think UEI makes them for Klein ( I might be wrong )
    But none of the klein meters have dual display like the Phoenix line. They have a bar graph deal. Marketed for electricians more than hvac guys. And I don't think the head comes off on the kleins whereas the Phoenix heads can use the fieldpiece heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only head that fits on top of the UEi is UEi

You could use Fieldpiece attachments with any meter that reads mV but it won't attach to the meter.

DVM in Buffalo NY has the UEI with clamps for $320, I bet I could walk in and get a better deal.

http://www.dbmcontrol.com/UEI-Digi-C...uniak900sc.htm

I'm very happy that Doug made an agreement with UEI to sell more of his product.

I also don't know about anyone else, but I'm personally in favor of as much of my money going directly to DIGI COOL and Doug, so I either buy from Digi Cool directly, or from RD Holder and Tru Tech Tools so as much of my $$$ go to Doug for maximum reinvestment into future products.

I do believe that both Digi Cool and Tru Tech Tools will modify an AK900 sale to switch the stretchy Velcro probes with the clamp probes if you desire. I personally bought the stretchy Velcro and the clamp probes for more versatility, and have used both with great success.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    I'm very happy that Doug made an agreement with UEI to sell more of his product.

I also don't know about anyone else, but I'm personally in favor of as much of my money going directly to DIGI COOL and Doug, so I either buy from Digi Cool directly, or from RD Holder and Tru Tech Tools so as much of my $$$ go to Doug for maximum reinvestment into future products.

I do believe that both Digi Cool and Tru Tech Tools will modify an AK900 sale to switch the stretchy Velcro probes with the clamp probes if you desire. I personally bought the stretchy Velcro and the clamp probes for more versatility, and have used both with great success.
    Are the stretchy Velcro as easy to use as the Coopers?

I really want a set of the stretchy Velcro for larger pipe diameters.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    Are the stretchy Velcro as easy to use as the Coopers?

I really want a set of the stretchy Velcro for larger pipe diameters.
    I have no idea about the Cooper's, but I find the Digi's are easy enough to work with, one hand to hold the probe where you want it, and the other to pull and wrap the Velcro.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post

Sounds like you would love to invest into one of these internet ventures.
    Call me old fashion but I try to buy local and support small business.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Internet ventures, probably not.
    I'm all in favor of supporting local business when the services/product I want is available locally.
    However, in this case I am specifically referring to Digicool products. I could buy from one of my corporate distributors that carry the AK900 in the UEI name. But then some of my money goes to the corporate distributor, some goes to UEI, and then a small amount goes to Digi-Cool.
    Or I could buy the Digi-Cool brand, which means more money goes to Digi-Cool, and nothing to UEI. Last, I can support a retired HVAC Tech like RD Holder who was one of us, and is providing HVAC products at an excellent price, and provides free information to the HVAC industry, or like Tru Tech Tools that has excellent products, good pricing, great customer service, and plenty of free information available to help us do our jobs. Just one way that I like to spend my hard earned cash. Obviously my methods will vary from one product to the next, depending on the product and local availability.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I bought my ak900's online, because at the time I bought them the only digital gauges available locally where the testo's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast