vulcan gas fryer 1vk45d

Hi guys. working on this fryer and getting a no pilot message on keypad. gas valve is part of blower assembly/burner on this. I'm wandering how you test gas valve to make sure it's getting gas in to the combustion chamber. Vulcan said they will send updated power box and module for free- but just wanting to know how to test this in the future.

anybody ever dealt with the "no pilot" message?

well updated computer,ignitor showed up from vulcan (it was free) but still no pilot message. they say this was a prototype fryer serial number so now they are sending a gas valve/blower unit for free. getting sick of waiting on their parts, and then still having a problem. when asking thier engineer why do you think it's the gas valve , he said it has been updated, and we'll send you the new part(again free). when checking pressure i had .21" wc output side, he said .08 was good. It seeems like they are not even sure how to troubleshoot it and just want to keep sending parts.
    anybody ever worked on the vk series gas fryer? can't get pilot to light.

my serial number is a prototype, so they keep wanting to send updated parts. i want to know how to test gas to combustion chamber.

finally got back to this. All the new parts didn't work. talked with vulcan engineers,techs,etc... no luck. finally got a hobart tech i know to look at it and eventually figured out (after a few hours) the software in fryer accidentally got changed to "electric" rather than "gas star" which is what it needs to say in the programming menu. It thought it was an electric model,which is why it had no spark. If you ever work on a vk fryer with no pilot message check service programming menu for model setup- it may save you tons of frustration

The question I have is, if it was set as electric, why was it looking for a pilot?

Sometimes you just want to wake an engineer up early in the morning on his personal cell and say, WTF?

Well, at least *I* do.