New Guy

Thread: New Guy

New Guy

Hello All,

I have been reading the site for a while now and decided to join up. I have worked in the HVAC/R industry for 16 years. Mostly distribution on the West Coast for the big blue oval.
    Now I live and work in Switzerland for a company with a bright green and yellow logo. I often come upon questions where I need to reach out to ask some technicians in the field what they think.
    I'm not much of a forum and blog kinda guy, but since I have been reading your forums on different issues, I might as well try to contribute.
    Who knows I might be able to actually help someone out there. If you ever wanted to talk (complain) to someone who actually makes the tools you use, now you will have that chance.

I have no doubt that I will probably take away far more than I can contribute.

Regards.

welcome aboard;
    you went from ford to refco????
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Welcome, I joined yesterday. After reading the forum for many years I thought it would be a good idea to get more involved and be able to learn some new things. I stepped away from hvac for a few years and worked in the military as a jet mechanic. Now with military downsizing and sequestration I am looking to get back full time into the HVAC trade. I didn't let my tools get rusty and have kept my credentials up but quite a bit has changed since 08'. R-22 prices driving retro fits 410a prices dropping and making that type of equipment more marketable. Solid state controls and ecm technology becoming the norm. Thank goodness there is a site like this and others to help get reacquainted with the new stuff.