Dangerous York design flaw?

Has anybody else seen any 2.5 to 7.5 ton York rtu's with water damaged circuit boards? Today I found my third one in about 6 months. They are all 2.5-7.5 ton units about 2-3 years old. They are the cheaper units without the nice hinged doors. The reason the boards get wet is because they are mounted about 1/4" off the bottom of the unit in a spot that is shaped like a drainpan with with walls about an inch deep. I looked on the York site for service bullitens and found nothing. I've been drilling holes in the "pan" that allow the water to drain to the roof. The scary part is that every one I've seen fails to HEAT mode. I've tried totally disconnecting the t-stat wires. It stays in heat mode! The one today also had a bad 1.5 h.p. blower motor. I don't know how long it's been cycling on limit.

Yes I have! I have replaced at least 6 all within the 1 yr warranty. Its a
    stupid engineering mistake that will cost building owners and tennants alot
    of money. And I get to be the guy in front of the cust.
    I tried sealing around the bottom of the control compartment thinking the water was from the drain pan.(ofcourse it was dry when I was there) But
    I learned the water was getting in when it rained (on some) The control compartment is neg pres and any opening will draw water in...like a loose
    sealtite connector. All of mine were on the same roof wired by the same E.C.
    However when the drain pan overflows it will certainly fry the board.
    All of these also failed in heat mode. Maybe they did it on purpose to sell lots
    of boards.

Model and serial numbers?

I'm new to a York distributor, but I'd like to know of problems that might not have been identified by the factory.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I too would like to know model numbers so I can put a bulletin out to our guys to drill a hole(s) on their next PM's.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Model# dm060n10n2aaa1a Serial# nanm007566

Thanks!
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/