Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My new AK on a Sherman manifold.

Well, here we are again.

My NEW AK (Boss just bought this second one for me) temp clamps disagree by one degree.

My other AK is dead on.

I pulled a vac on the manifold and valved it off ,,the lo-side rose less than 2 "HG and the hi-side rose to atmospheric almost immediately. Either my new Sherman is leaking or my AK is.

FYI it's a bear trying to get the swivel 90*
    at the same angel and keep the head lined up straight.

Now I gotta leak check the whole assembly.

Think I should just pressurize it and dunk it in the laundry sink? Or just use soap bubbles?

Kidding about dunking it.

Why are you using 90's on a Sherman?
    Are you measuring air temp again with the clamps?

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Why are you using 90's on a Sherman?
    Are you measuring air temp again with the clamps?
    Because it does not fit with out 90*s. Why...do you think they are supposed to fit right on? No, I am measuring pipe temps.

IT'S A JB REVOLVER...NOT A SHERMAN

(KICKING SELF) SORRY ICE.

Throw that JB junk away.

Something to consider 5646
    The AK displays temp to the nearest whole degree which means if where you place the clamps on a piece of pipe that is in a certain range and are actually one tenth of a degree different they will show one degree different.
    Since it is possible this could happen simply by if you were holding one side of a copper pipe longer than the other when you grabbed it or for any other reason like that on tenth difference on a pipe is intirely possible.
    I've been through this with other brands (not thermocouples)
    Better ways to test would be either clamping both clamps together with the sensors touching or best as always submerged in some water any temp.
    You could do your leak test and temp test all at the same time LOL

My revolver should be here today.
    Can you post pics?
    If it shows its face today I'm ripping it apart asap!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    My revolver should be here today.
    Can you post pics?
    If it shows its face today I'm ripping it apart asap!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Look, I might have got a leaker Revolver or, though I think less likely, the head it self. Don't assume yours is going to bad out of the box.

It was late when I posted this and I was exhausted from work . On rethinking this I would have double checked everything before opening my Yap.

Just know that for some reason the AKs dont center evenly with out the 90s being at odd angels. I am going to recheck every thing to day

The AK displays temp to the nearest whole degree which means if where you place the clamps on a piece of pipe that is in a certain range and are actually one tenth of a degree different they will show one degree different.
    Since it is possible this could happen simply by if you were holding one side of a copper pipe longer than the other when you grabbed it or for any other reason like that on tenth difference on a pipe is intirely possible.
    Better ways to test would be either clamping both clamps together with the sensors touching or best as always submerged in some water any temp.
    The rounding of the temp to the nearest numeral I can see now that I have had a little rest.

But I must point out that the the test medium I used was stable but T1 was measuring and displaying noticeably quicker than T2.

I was accustomed to the two place decimal resolution of the Testo and SMAN temp display.

This is one feature of the AK I am not liking very much.
    Certainly not a deal breaker but it will require some getting adjusted to.

I am going to cap off the the ports on the Revolver
    and pressure test it to isolate high side leak.

I don't think Lockhart would appreciate a water logged return.

I could see how sending something back that is within the published accuracy and wet might not appreciated lol

I could see how sending something back that is within the published accuracy and wet might not appreciated lol
    I bet the hi-side leak is either the JB manifold valve or I got a bad 90.

Good thing I have a "FEW" spare digitals so I can still work tomorrow.

OH...here's a laugh for you... I was in at Jstone picking up the Revolver and the subject turned to AKs.

The branch mgr asked to see mine so I said "sure" (it was slow and we were BSing). I laid the AK out on counter top and the mgr started to chortle. With the 3/8 service hoses and the big YJ 46081 manifold it looked like a laid out dead squid.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I bet the hi-side leak is either the JB manifold valve or I got a bad 90.

Good thing I have a "FEW" spare digitals so I can still work tomorrow.

OH...here's a laugh for you... I was in at Jstone picking up the Revolver and the subject turned to AKs.

The branch mgr asked to see mine so I said "sure" (it was slow and we were BSing). I laid the AK out on counter top and the mgr started to chortle. With the 3/8 service hoses and the big YJ 46081 manifold it looked like a laid out dead squid.
    just put some pressure to it and pray it with soap bubbles......as long as this thread has been goin, the leak could have been found and repaired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast