Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AMPmeter debate, amprobe, fluke ,FP.

I cannot choose between 3 meters:

Amprobe nav51, HS36 or new model of Fluke 365 with detachable jaw. I know Fieldpiece was discussed here numerous times, but what about the other two. Guys, if you own them, i need you feedback!!!

I have never had good experiences with FP. Everything Fluke and Amprobe I have has been effective and reliable

I sold my Fluke 902 to purchase a Nav51 and love it for what I do (mainly high efficiency residential). The 902 had several weaknesses. I also have a FP SC77 about 6yrs now and it has always been a great meter for me. You can't go wrong with with Nav51. I'd suggest a FP SC56 over the HS36. Both the SC56 and Nav51 have great features all just about the same only major difference is price and preference.
    Only thing I don't like about the Nav51 is it eats batteries... good thing I don't pay for them.
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo View Post
    I sold my Fluke 902 to purchase a Nav51 and love it for what I do (mainly high efficiency residential). The 902 had several weaknesses. I also have a FP SC77 about 6yrs now and it has always been a great meter for me. You can't go wrong with with Nav51. I'd suggest a FP SC56 over the HS36. Both the SC56 and Nav51 have great features all just about the same only major difference is price and preference.
    Only thing I don't like about the Nav51 is it eats batteries... good thing I don't pay for them.
    Thanks, will take a look at Fp sc56 now

UEI Model 379, 389. Very reliable, no weird hook-ups. Accurate, Cheap. Been using them for about 4 years now. Never had a problem - except once. A customer stole one from me!

I've always been a die hard Fluke user and still am when it comes to regular DMM and Insulation testers/test leads, but I am very happy with my Amprobe NAV51 and I would buy it again without any hesitation. They have Fluke engineer that help make their product. Milwaukee also has defected Fluke engineers and their pliers are Knipex!! At least this is what the Milwaukee rep told me, but the build is very similar!!

PS: Fluke maybe developing a combustions analyzer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I've always been a die hard Fluke user and still am when it comes to regular DMM and Insulation testers/test leads, but I am very happy with my Amprobe NAV51 and I would buy it again without any hesitation. They have Fluke engineer that help make their product. Milwaukee also has defected Fluke engineers and their pliers are Knipex!! At least this is what the Milwaukee rep told me, but the build is very similar!!

How is the batter life on Amprobe NAV51?

I have had a hs 36 for 5 years and had to replace the battery 2 times. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by rupa104 View Post
    How is the batter life on Amprobe NAV51?
    I put a battery in my NAV51 twice as frequent as my other FP clamp meters.

I'm sure it will cost 25% more than the competition, be made in China, and lack an important, but non critical feature...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

[COLOR="#000000"]
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I put a battery in my NAV51 twice as frequent as my other FP clamp meters.
    I find it easy to turn on the nav51 by accident slipping it into your tool bag but I believe this meter to be superior to many others and its like the large display. I also have the Nav53 as well.

They do say that you should change your batteries often before the meter tells you to replace them to keep your readings more accurate especially resistance readings. I do love those Lithium 9V and AA batteries.

oh be nice to Fluke! lol You never know...it may be a USA made model like all of my Fluke DMM's. Fluke still does make the best test leads at this time. Fluke doesn't make a USA made clamp meter this is why I get Amprobe Nav series.

oh be nice to Fluke! lol You never know...it may be a USA made model like all of my Fluke DMM's. Fluke still does make the best test leads at this time. Fluke doesn't make a USA made clamp meter this is why I get Amprobe Nav series.
    NAV series is US made? News to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast