Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TO, Canada
    Posts
    106

    AMPmeter debate, amprobe, fluke ,FP.

    I cannot choose between 3 meters:

    Amprobe nav51, HS36 or new model of Fluke 365 with detachable jaw. I know Fieldpiece was discussed here numerous times, but what about the other two. Guys, if you own them, i need you feedback!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grass Lake, MI
    Posts
    254
    I have never had good experiences with FP. Everything Fluke and Amprobe I have has been effective and reliable

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    197
    I sold my Fluke 902 to purchase a Nav51 and love it for what I do (mainly high efficiency residential). The 902 had several weaknesses. I also have a FP SC77 about 6yrs now and it has always been a great meter for me. You can't go wrong with with Nav51. I'd suggest a FP SC56 over the HS36. Both the SC56 and Nav51 have great features all just about the same only major difference is price and preference.
    Only thing I don't like about the Nav51 is it eats batteries... good thing I don't pay for them.
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand. Albert Einstein

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TO, Canada
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by cuervo View Post
    I sold my Fluke 902 to purchase a Nav51 and love it for what I do (mainly high efficiency residential). The 902 had several weaknesses. I also have a FP SC77 about 6yrs now and it has always been a great meter for me. You can't go wrong with with Nav51. I'd suggest a FP SC56 over the HS36. Both the SC56 and Nav51 have great features all just about the same only major difference is price and preference.
    Only thing I don't like about the Nav51 is it eats batteries... good thing I don't pay for them.
    Thanks, will take a look at Fp sc56 now

  5. #5
    UEI Model 379, 389. Very reliable, no weird hook-ups. Accurate, Cheap. Been using them for about 4 years now. Never had a problem - except once. A customer stole one from me!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    870
    I've always been a die hard Fluke user and still am when it comes to regular DMM and Insulation testers/test leads, but I am very happy with my Amprobe NAV51 and I would buy it again without any hesitation. They have Fluke engineer that help make their product. Milwaukee also has defected Fluke engineers and their pliers are Knipex!! At least this is what the Milwaukee rep told me, but the build is very similar!!

    PS: Fluke maybe developing a combustions analyzer!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TO, Canada
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I've always been a die hard Fluke user and still am when it comes to regular DMM and Insulation testers/test leads, but I am very happy with my Amprobe NAV51 and I would buy it again without any hesitation. They have Fluke engineer that help make their product. Milwaukee also has defected Fluke engineers and their pliers are Knipex!! At least this is what the Milwaukee rep told me, but the build is very similar!!

    PS: Fluke maybe developing a combustions analyzer!!!!
    How is the batter life on Amprobe NAV51?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,589
    I have had a hs 36 for 5 years and had to replace the battery 2 times. I like it

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rupa104 View Post
    How is the batter life on Amprobe NAV51?
    I put a battery in my NAV51 twice as frequent as my other FP clamp meters.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    PS: Fluke maybe developing a combustions analyzer!!!!
    I'm sure it will cost 25% more than the competition, be made in China, and lack an important, but non critical feature...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    870
    [COLOR="#000000"]
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I put a battery in my NAV51 twice as frequent as my other FP clamp meters.
    I find it easy to turn on the nav51 by accident slipping it into your tool bag but I believe this meter to be superior to many others and its like the large display. I also have the Nav53 as well.

    They do say that you should change your batteries often before the meter tells you to replace them to keep your readings more accurate especially resistance readings. I do love those Lithium 9V and AA batteries.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    870
    oh be nice to Fluke! lol You never know...it may be a USA made model like all of my Fluke DMM's. Fluke still does make the best test leads at this time. Fluke doesn't make a USA made clamp meter this is why I get Amprobe Nav series.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    oh be nice to Fluke! lol You never know...it may be a USA made model like all of my Fluke DMM's. Fluke still does make the best test leads at this time. Fluke doesn't make a USA made clamp meter this is why I get Amprobe Nav series.
    NAV series is US made? News to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event