Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kdean1 - I looked at the manual and there is actually a diagram specific to my unit which says min 8" from center to center of 2 pipes and max 36". If I measure center to center its now 5" so still off by 3". What would you do? A Gooseneck? It still isn't correct and if it was inspected would have failed even though its only 3".

Quote Originally Posted by jsp267 View Post
    Kdean1 - I looked at the manual and there is actually a diagram specific to my unit which says min 8" from center to center of 2 pipes and max 36". If I measure center to center its now 5" so still off by 3". What would you do? A Gooseneck? It still isn't correct and if it was inspected would have failed even though its only 3".
    Each manufacturer sets their own standards. I don't see how keeping the pipes 8" apart will matter at all. Only the point of termination matters. Ensuring proper dispersion of the exhaust and preventing recirculation are the issues. I concern myself with what works and what does not.
    I would put a goose neck on the exhaust side, raising it 12" above the intake termination. Make sure both pipes are above your local expected snow accumulation levels.

To what inspection are you referring? A code inspector probably won't know about it. The manufacturer does not inspect it.

I am referring to the city inspector when a permit is pulled. My main goal is as you say is to prevent recirculation and the installer did not follow the manufacturer manual for proper spacing. We are having other issues and I came across this when looking through manual - I always thought they looked too close but didnt think much about it initially. I want it fixed when they come back out in a few days. The exhaust has a coupling on the end of it it so didn't know if a quick fix would be just to add 8-12" pvc pipe extension onto it. That way it blows it out farther away from house and the intake pipe. By adding gooseneck it brings it up closer to windows even though they are obviously closed when heat is on and pipes aren't directly below them anyways

What is the proper spacing near windows or does it not really matter?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12