Seer # of 92 HP American Standard Trane?
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Seer # of 92 HP American Standard Trane?

    It says "high efficiency" on top. Today I removed dead snake from top of condenser, so it should be even more efficient. I am worrying about some plant growing inside compressor, I pooled a lot of roots from the bottom of compressor.
    Last edited by car5car; 02-22-2007 at 06:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Outside Houston, TX
    Posts
    40
    Are you an HVAC tech? If yes, how long have you been in the business?

    Now that you have the snake removed and suspect plant growth inside the compressor, the SEER rating would depend on the size of the flux capacitor on that unit.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by txcchbubba View Post
    Are you an HVAC tech? If yes, how long have you been in the business?

    Now that you have the snake removed and suspect plant growth inside the compressor, the SEER rating would depend on the size of the flux capacitor on that unit.
    I am not tech, at least not HVAC. I was fixing cars for long time, but I like HVAC business, I am thinking about getting HVAC license. It should be easy, I know how to fight snakes and plants. Couple more things I need to find out before I get a license, Which one is condenser and which is evaporator? They look kind of similar.
    If heat pump works both ways, why not install outside unit inside house and vise versa? If I attach propeller to compressor axle I can save money by not replacing fan motor, right? If I mix R134 freon with R12 in right proportion will I get 22?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    No way to tell without model numbers of the outdoor and indoor equipment. Even just the number off the outdoor unit would get us in the ballpark?
    Does it have a number like XE1000, or something similar, in red lettering on it?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Outside Houston, TX
    Posts
    40
    Yea, it should be easy for you -you already have a big jump on everything.

    Just wondering if you forgot to hook up that outside exhaust hose one or two times when you were fixin them there cars?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    5280
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by car5car View Post
    If I attach propeller to compressor axle I can save money by not replacing fan motor, right? ?
    Why did I not think of that? I always miss out on those good money making ideas.
    "We'll have to outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence." Yukon Cornelius

    Some people are like Slinkies---not good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    No way to tell without model numbers of the outdoor and indoor equipment. Even just the number off the outdoor unit would get us in the ballpark?
    Does it have a number like XE1000, or something similar, in red lettering on it?
    Outdoor unit AWR036C100A 3 ton Amer Standard Trane 1992. I got it for free, price is hard to beat.
    Indoor Rheem RBEA-17J10NFDAI
    Thanks, Mark.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by txcchbubba View Post
    Yea, it should be easy for you -you already have a big jump on everything.
    ?
    If you don't have sence of humor it is not your fault. I usually follow this rule: if you cannot say something nice- don't say anything.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    With a matching indoor unit it is around 10 SEER.
    With that Rheem indoor unit, no tellin, but probably still around 10 SEER.

    I wish we could still get 17.5" wide 3 ton air handlers that are not garbage.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event