Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

where can i buy tech tools that may have lower price?

looking for a good place to buy some tech tools that wont kill my wallet

In my area we have a Farm & Fleet, they have a fairly decent selection a little cheaper than most. If your shopping for tools at local parts houses expect to pay more...just remember that in general, you get what you pay for.

Don't skimp on tools. You can go out and buy a Husky 3 adjustable wrench set for about $30 and have 3 wrenches to do your job but you'll be replacing them within 5 years or so, they are pretty sloppy in their fit. Or you can buy a set of Crapsman, SK, Crestaloy, or even one of the truck brands and have those tools for 25 years before you need to replace them, that is unless you leave them on a call somewhere, it will happen. I find more tools that way, todays catch was a GreenLee keyhole saw. Craftsman tools are a very good value for their price and (handtools) are guarenteed forever. A Klein 10 in 1 is indispesible, I used to think that they were crap but have changed my mind, well worth the $10 cost. Same for the meters, buy better and you won't be dissapointed.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

DO they have a web site?

I always am scared when i find a tool because it never fails if i find a tool in a day or a week i will lose as tool.

I always have two sets of tools. I mostly use the cheap ones unless the job calls for nice ones. Depending on what you are working on, cheap ones will get you thru 90% of all service work. Plus where I am, theft is an issue or somebody does not care enough about your stuff and looses them. But do not skimp on a good quality meter. You can never spend too much there.

Keep your eye on craiglist.com under tools sometime you will find a good deal there, but only buy face to face so you don't get ripped off.

I've gotten some pretty good deals at the local supply houses when shopping. Sure you have to give them the puppy dog eye's some times, but they almost always give me a fair or good deal.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

That's what I have done too Amick. Many wholesalers have discretionary pricing that they don't announce at first. I just bought a nice little infrared surface temp meter with a pointing laser--handy little item. When I first asked, the counter person said $91.00. I politely asked if they could do better for me and got it for $65.00! It never hurts to ask a question.........

tools... can you ever have too many? harbor freight has "made in ROC" stuff that usually pays for itself after the first use. supply house prices are normally a bit high, even after discretionary pricing. try puckett tools. I'm not sure if they have a website though. what kinds of tools do you seek?
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Buy "Made In The U.S.A." whenever you can no matter what the cost! Remember every factory that goes over seas is one less place for us to do our job!
    Bring back rotary phones so we dont have to press 1 to proceed in ENGLISH!!!!

Try the pawn shops, I am sure many of my stolen tools have made it there.

Yeah, I pick up a lot of name brand tools at the local pawn shops at a good price.

Bobby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast