Tiny lot with a big geothermal system

Its a 50X100 lot that we installed a 3 ton horizontally bored geothermal ground loop on. Ground loop is connected to a WaterFurnace Series 5 ground source heat pump with a TPCC32U01 energy monitoring thermostat. This system only takes 1766 watts at full heating capacity to heat this older 1940's style home!

Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Very nice! I have not had any horizontal bore jobs yet but we had lots of discussion about it at the IGSHPA loop class.

Dead end bore

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    Its a 50X100 lot that we installed a 3 ton horizontally bored geothermal ground loop on. Ground loop is connected to a WaterFurnace Series 5 ground source heat pump with a TPCC32U01 energy monitoring thermostat. This system only takes 1766 watts at full heating capacity to heat this older 1940's style home!

Pretty cool! We do many bored geo jobs but have yet to do a dead end bore. What do you use to push the PE u bend in and then pull out the rods? The video looks like a cable loop. Is that just hooked to a u clip on the end of the bit? Thanks!
    Dan Walsdorf
    Advanced Custom Geothermal LLC
    Kiel Wi
    Www.advancedcustomgeothermal.com
    "Everyone must believe in something,I believe I'll have another beer!"

Yes we attach a cable from the anchor to the piping and then push the anchor with the treme(spelling?) pipe. We don't do any of the boring, its all sub contracted out so I don't know the full extent of what/how they do it. Most of our bores are daylighted and even on this job we had to daylight a few because the anchors were not going in. Once we lose one pipe due to a bad bore/anchor we switch to daylighting to ensure it works but most customers prefer the anchors if possible since its less disturbance on their property.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!