Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JCI Salary info

JCI Salary info

I'm considering a Sr. Controls Tech job, and the salary grade is 55, any JCI guys want to translate that for me?

The pay grades are huuuuuge. I'd say anywhere from $24-$32 an hour. I am pay grade 51 (System Tech) and I make $19 an hour. From what I hear, they can offer you a higher wage but don't expect many raises- maybe 2% every other year.

Are you considering a job that has not been offered? Pay grade 55 is one grade higher than a 54. Not trying to be smart but the dollars that go with a particular grade vary by geographic location. I personally would not consider a job based on pay grade. If they are serious, they will offer a dollar amount. If you act too interested based on a pay grade number, JCI will low ball you at the finish line. Get everything in writing. I cannot speak for mationman but I have received a raise every year. Some years better than others, but every year. Not 2% every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by mackinaw View Post
    Not trying to be smart but the dollars that go with a particular grade vary by geographic location.
    Paygrades are the same nationwide with geographic additions or subtractions that range from 80% of grade to 120% of grade. I forget their name for it but tables are issued to managers each year with current rates along with the secret handshake and agreement to never divulge tables. Pay ranges for each paygrade are setup with the following breakpoints:

MIN
    1/3
    MID
    2/3
    MAX

In leadership class payroll comes in and brainwashes managers that their direct reports should always be in the lower 1/3 of pay range. Their selling point being if a person is really good enough to be at the upper end they should be getting promoted even if it means forcing someone into a job they do not want.

Many if not all paygrades overlap a good bit. They could say your a 55 and a 54 could be making more than you.

Get everything in writing. If it isn't in writing it was never agreed to. You have the most leverage right now.

I was contacted by JCI, and sent a description of the job which included the salary grade. I know what amount it would take for me to accept the position, but was just wondering what that grade would encompass, approximately.

"I know what amount it would take for me to accept the position, but was just wondering what that grade would encompass, approximately."

The answer to that question will be on the offer letter, controlgeek said it pretty well.

Personally I feel JCI is a good place to work, so take all the bashing with a grain of salt. Good Luck....

Their pay is well below industry average, look at IndyBlue.

Don't believe me, just look at his SOCKS

When I was younger I got totally effed (in sales) by JCI at three different branches. Once I went out into the real world, I realized how lousy they pay.

I recently had a friend move from California to Maryland. He was extremely qualified on JCI as he had been doing ASC's and NAE's. I told exactly what would happen. I told they will make you go through a series of interviews until your sick of them. Then, after all of that they will low ball you. I told him to talk money at the first interview (we're not newbies here and don't have time to dick around). He had a phone interview with two branches, and then went to a face to face. After the face to he got a call and they talked money. He was pissed as they low balled him just like I told him they would. So you know what he did? Nothing! He did some freelance work and then moved back to SoCal.

So if you're a newbie or in a jam, take it. If not move on.

Did you say LOWBALL, they lowballed his salary thats funny they LOWBALL estimates as well.

Don't believe me, Just check there proposals!!!!!!!

"Don't believe me, just look at his SOCKS"

That's funny....good one.

Nothing personal mackinaw, I know you work for JCI. This crap is because CindyLu has a big mouth and likes to insult people he does not know. He insults products, contractors, trades people etc..

I have several friends at JCI. I do not know you and would not think of insulting you.

But that jerk will be sorry he crossed my line. Cause I am relentless. Now I will work harder to GUT Metasys systems (when in my clients best interest) , though lately they are coming to me at an unbelievable rate. Maybe they are tired of dealing with LOW PAID rejects like Indy.

Don't believe me, Just look at my attitude!!!!!!

twisted pair, no offense taken....I just about spit soda on my screen when I read "Don't believe me, just look at his socks". I've followed the threads and his signature is too much for me also.

I have nothing at all against JCI. For the 100th time, they make a good control system, great peripheral products and have trained 3/4 of the control work force.

I have interviewed twice in last 10 years with them. 10 years ago as a DDC tech/programmer and not that long ago for service sales position. Seriously every time there base pay is no where even close to what most people are seeing.

I really do not like Indies negative comments like calling people hackers. I am no hacker. I take some serious pride in my work. I have lost money on jobs just to ensure my customers are happy (relatively happy). It is not a clients fault if I under estimate a job, or my product has a "software bug" etc.. That is why I do not have my systems replaced by competition. I have long term relationships. I have some systems we are doing a 3rd round of software upgrades from the original DOS system. Repeat business, something JCI cannot claim that much of.

I spend probably an hour of my day here trying to help others (knowing eventually I will need it) and I think most others are in the same boat.

And then you get this nut job bashing everyone on this site. He has some issues. Again, nothing personal and nothing against JCI.
    Last edited by twisted pair; 02-22-2007 at 11:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast