Ductless mini split brand?

What brand of ductless mini split have you guys had good luck with. I am looking to install one in a 500 sq ft dedicated woodworking shop. Thanks,

They all work about the same clogged with dust ?

Had some bad luck with a bunch of LG's. Don't mind the Mitsubishi and Panasonic brands much. They seem to work pretty good, not many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    They all work about the same clogged with dust ?
    A ductless was chosen because of the dust. What do you suggest as an AC solution in this case?

I'm not sure how big this shop is , but I would go with a ducted system with the best filter that I could afford to change every week. This is not to say that you can't take advantage of a Mitsubishi or Daiken split as they now offer ducted units on their small systems. I would go with a " high static " model if this is an option.

The ductless units just do not offer any high performance filter options to protect the evaporator from fine dust.

Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    I'm not sure how big this shop is , but I would go with a ducted system with the best filter that I could afford to change every week. This is not to say that you can't take advantage of a Mitsubishi or Daiken split as they now offer ducted units on their small systems. I would go with a " high static " model if this is an option.

The ductless units just do not offer any high performance filter options to protect the evaporator from fine dust.

It's 22' x 22' x 10'. Two 3x5 insulated windows and one 7'x10' insulated commercial metal door.

The reason for the ductless was no floorspace consumed and less airflow path for dust accumulation. Point taken on the lack of filtration on the ductless. One option I guess is smallest possible air handler in a corner with simply a riser and output ducts on top with a pleated 5" box filter under on a stand. Not a big fan of AHU in the attic, especially if frequent cleaning will be needed.

I guess my first question would be do you have a dust collection system? I have an 900 sq ft shop with a split system installed. I have a 2" pleated filter in the R/A grill and a 5" filter at the equipment in the attic. I also have a ducted sawdust collection system. I change the 2" about every 3 months and keep an eye on the 5". I change the 5" about once a year. the point is a mini split won't have a large issue with dust if you have a collection system. If you do not have a collection system the mini split will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhvac View Post
    I guess my first question would be do you have a dust collection system? I have an 900 sq ft shop with a split system installed. I have a 2" pleated filter in the R/A grill and a 5" filter at the equipment in the attic. I also have a ducted sawdust collection system. I change the 2" about every 3 months and keep an eye on the 5". I change the 5" about once a year. the point is a mini split won't have a large issue with dust if you have a collection system. If you do not have a collection system the mini split will be a problem.
    I have a JDS 2000/750e hanging from the ceiling with electrostatic prefilter, filter bag and carbon post filter. I have a Delta 1.5HP dust collection stack for my enclosed cabinet saw bottom and blade arm/hood with an upgraded pleated solid filter top and plastic bag bottom. I am adding vacuum hook ups to all stations for the Delta dust collection system.

Is your "split" system a mini and if so, which one has such robust filtration? If you meant a split with a traditional air handler, why did you choose that over a mini?

Thanks.

Frigidare 18 seer can be bought cheaper than any and us made

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeG View Post
    I have a JDS 2000/750e hanging from the ceiling with electrostatic prefilter, filter bag and carbon post filter. I have a Delta 1.5HP dust collection stack for my enclosed cabinet saw bottom and blade arm/hood with an upgraded pleated solid filter top and plastic bag bottom. I am adding vacuum hook ups to all stations for the Delta dust collection system.

Is your "split" system a mini and if so, which one has such robust filtration? If you meant a split with a traditional air handler, why did you choose that over a mini?

Thanks.
    My system is a traditional split system with the air handler in the attic. The reasons I went that route are the system is also my air cleaner and I got a good price on some scratch and dent equipment. (I am in the business) Since I have a separate finishing room I wanted good air distribution. For your application almost any brand will do. I assume this is a hobby and not a business it will not see a tremendous amount of use. If you go with a mini just clean the filter on a regular basis and occasionally blow out the indoor unit.