Turbocore questions

Hi, we have 8 x Turbocor TT400 compressors on aircond application using R134A for water chilling at 6 degrees.
    My question, i note that the compressors have liquid injection for motor cooling, however it appears that this injection keeps feeding liquid refrigerant into the compressors in the off cycle as the compressors become very cold and sweat excessively in the off cycle. what means of stopping injection is used ? does the compressor have a internal solenoid valve that closes in the off cycle.
    It seems from my limited experience in these machines to be not ideal to have a fully flooded compressor on start up. Any advice regarding the liquid injection system would be really helpfull.
    The compressors do have suction and discharge heater elements fitted but these will never cope with the level of injection.

the solenoid valve plunger needs to be replaced.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-08-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

twinturbine

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.