Goodman-another bad quality control!

Well, Robo here is another quality control update.
    AHS -no heat
    New Goodman horizontal furnace/new system 0405 serial
    GMT070-4b

Get there and find low voltage fuse blown, so start checking and find shorted thermostat wires, so check out system and find also motor had high amp readings , check returns , filter and capacitor OH MY. 20uf 370 capacitor installed from factory as customer have only lived there since August 2005 and have only had regular maintenace performed I ask if any motor repairs had been made. None. Called American Distributors FTW andf ask what cap goes on the 1/2hp motor , just to make sure no changes had been made at Goodman I wasn't aware of nope, 10uf 370 . So I guess that if amp draw is 10.9 motor has seen a loss because of quality control. Trouble is now who pays,AHS or customer for motor, under warranty..

Up date to follow: Well, looks like AHS won't cover because it was factory defect, so customer will be paying for labor and parts aquistion..

Motor 9.6 with 20 uf 370
    Motor 10.9 with 10uf 370
    Last edited by aircooled53; 02-22-2007 at 10:17 AM.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Quote Originally Posted by aircooled53 View Post
    Well, Robo here is another quality control update.
    AHS -no heat
    New Goodman horizontal furnace/new system 0405 serial
    GMT070-4b

Get there and find low voltage fuse blown, so start checking and find shorted thermostat wires, so check out system and find also motor had high amp readings , check returns , filter and capacitor OH MY. 20uf 370 capacitor installed from factory as customer have only lived there since August 2005 and have only had regular maintenace performed I ask if any motor repairs had been made. None. Called American Distributors FTW andf ask what cap goes on the 1/2hp motor , just to make sure no changes had been made at Goodman I wasn't aware of nope, 10uf 370 . So I guess that if amp draw is 10.9 motor has seen a loss because of quality control. Trouble is now who pays,AHS or customer for motor, under warranty..Up date to follow:

a new goodman furnace means it was installed yesterday,

the system you are speaking of is 2 years old,

so you are saying the motor has been pulling 10.9 amps since 2005,

you would think on the previous maintanance that would have caught,

that sounds like a lack of quality control on the previous maintanance,

i would also think that motor would have been cutting out on overload

causing the customer to call for service, all manufacturers have a unit or 2

that goes out with a problem! that was a good job checking and finding

that capacitor problem, since the motor is still working are you still gonna send it in for warranty?

what kind of amps did it draw with the proper capacitor?